114th Power of Paint Party… Apple Green

Welcome Paint Lovers…

I’m desperately trying to finish up the final projects to complete the family room.  So last week when we were having some lovely warm weather I broke out the spray paint.

I bought this chair at a garage sale for $1 about 4 years ago when we moved out here.  It has lived in almost every room of our home at some time.

A couple weekends ago we made some major changes to our Ikea Bookshelves Entertainment Center (that I hope to share next week), so I figured this chair deserved a paint job and pop of color in our family room would be great.

Apple Green is such a happy color!

So what have you been painting?

Power of Paint Party Rules:

#1… This is a PAINT party… so pretty please, link-up only paint related projects.  I HATE deleting!

#2… Please put my nifty POPP button (you can find it up in my menu bar’s BUTTONS) in your blog post or a link back to this party somewhere on your blog… that way others from your blog can check out all the paint projects too.

#3… Share the Love… visit the other paint pals.

© Copyright Maryann @ Domestically Speaking, All rights Reserved. Written For: Domestically Speaking
Maryann @ Domestically Speaking

Maryann @ Domestically Speaking

I'm Maryann ~ Here at Domestically Speaking you'll find the some of the things I'm most passionate about... home decor, DIY projects, paint, crafts, recipes and more... all in the pursuit of making a happy hearth.
Maryann @ Domestically Speaking

@domesticspeak

Jesus lovin' DIYer, bargain hunter, paint lover, crafter, baker, decorator and glue-gunning mommy of 3 that loves her hubby.
Can you make mozzarella sticks with string cheese?... http://t.co/ofI4b8ITLo - 51 mins ago
Maryann @ Domestically Speaking

Latest posts by Maryann @ Domestically Speaking (see all)

Maryann @ Domestically Speaking

I love Pinterest and have tons of boards of my favorite, inspiring things. I'd love for you to follow along.   Domestically Speaking on Pinterest

Comments

1. Kim says

That is absolutely, unequivocally, 100% identical to my kitchen chairs. And now I know what they would look like green! Lol

2. Sandy McClay says

Can you tell me what brand of paint this is? I have some outdoor chairs that really need this…it is spray paint, right????? Love ti!

• Maryann @ Domestically Speaking says

Sandy it’s Rust-oleum Painter’s Touch Ultra Cover 2x’s in Apple Green… that would be SUPER cute on outdoor chairs!

Oooo, I love that apple green, so pretty!

Did you put a top layer or anything over the apple green? Poly or paste wax or something that will protect it from chipping? Just wondering your secret. Looks so fresh and pretty.

I’ve been trying to look for blogs featuring paint projects, FINALLY!!! I can’t wait to go through all of them to learn a thing or two. I’m so new to this painting furniture and stuff and I’ve got so many ideas. I love the apple green on the chair! It’s so springy and cheery :) Thanks for hosting too :)

Maryann,

Isn’t it amazing what a little can of spray paint can do? I love your transformation…thanks so much for hosting the link up…by the way…I used your picture of the heart in my post that I wrote about today regarding marriage on my blog…feel free to check it out if you want…thanks for allowing me to use it :)

I love apple green. I just did a whole post on apple green in the living room. Your chair turned out great! I wonder if Jim would go for me painting our oak chairs apple green. He has thing about painting oak. He thinks it’s a sin or something, so I have to really play my cards right to get him agree to doing anything to oak.