Hanging Mason Jar Succulents

Happy Friday friends!  I love succulents… mainly because they are next to impossible to kill.

mason jar, succulents, seashells, summer, hanging

I thought putting some in the Pottery Barn’ish hanging mason jars would be perfect!

mason jar, succulents, seashells, summer, hanging, pottery barn

To add a summery touch I placed small seashells on the base instead of small rocks.  You want something to create adequate drainage… Those succulents don’t’ like a lot of water.

mason jar, succulents, seashells, summer, hanging, pottery barn

Then a layer of potting soil..   I used one specifically made for cactus & palm trees, perfect for happy succulent too.

mason jar, succulents, seashells, summer, hanging, pottery barn

What do you think… they are cute hanging, huh!

mason jar, succulents, seashells, summer, hanging, pottery barn

Thanks for stopping by friends!  Have a wonderful weekend….

Sharing over at the DIY Showoff

© Copyright 2013 Maryann @ Domestically Speaking, All rights Reserved. Written For: Domestically Speaking

Comments

I love what you have done with these mason jars! Mason jars are awesome as they are but you really upped the design with the way you’ve recreated them. I have loved succulents for a while but was always afraid to buy them since I don’t have the best green thumb it’s great to know they are hard to kill!

2. Gwen says

Oh I have some baby succulents growing I can use and two empty hooks I was wondering how to fill. I have all I need!!! I’m excited to copy you–the highest form of flattery you know!!!

I love this idea! I will try this with a few of the succulents that I have here at the lakehouse.
    Thank you for sharing such a cute way to display, and grow plants!
    Enjoy your weekend.
    Debbie

4. Rondell says

I went to a yard sale today and lady gave me some succulents, I’ll have to try this! They do look cute !

The seashells on the bottom are a great touch. I adore succulents, but I have to disagree with your statement that they are almost impossible to kill! I seem to manage it quite easily ;-(

• I Play Outside The Box says

Korie of the Red Hen Home…..you got that right..I can kill ‘em even though I try hard not to. WIsh I had a green thumb! Love the shells in the bottom…looks so beautiful!