How to Print on Burlap Video

Hi Friends ~  This video has been in the making for a while now.  Every week I get questions regarding how I print on burlap…. so I figured why not make a video showing you the process.

How to Print on Burlap Video

Ok… now I know I totally have sunglass on my head… yep, pretty much how you’ll find me – either on my head or on my face till I’m getting ready for bed.  Oh, and you’ll see lots of wardrobe changes too… I started making this last December (hence the Christmas tree in the background of some of the shots).

Here’s my original post on How to Print on Burlap.  Below the video I have additional links and info.

Here’s a recap of some of the info:

I use Reynold’s Feezer Paper.  Make sure you put the shiny side facing the burlap when you iron.

There’s no name on the cutter I use – sorry!  I received it as a gift years ago, so I’m not sure where you can find one.

Here’s the link about the flowers:  How to Make Burlap Flowers.

The printer I have is a Lexmark Z611

You can see all my Burlap Signs in my Burlap Beauties and place orders there too!

Like I mentioned in the video, if you have any other questions I didn’t cover in the video, please ask away in the comments.

Thanks for stopping by friends!

Sharing at these great parties: Snap, Making the World Cuter, Thrifty Thursday

© Copyright 2013 Maryann @ Domestically Speaking, All rights Reserved. Written For: Domestically Speaking
Maryann @ Domestically Speaking

Maryann @ Domestically Speaking

I'm Maryann ~ Here at Domestically Speaking you'll find the some of the things I'm most passionate about... home decor, DIY projects, paint, crafts, recipes and more... all in the pursuit of making a happy hearth.
Maryann @ Domestically Speaking

@domesticspeak

Jesus lovin' DIYer, bargain hunter, paint lover, crafter, baker, decorator and glue-gunning mommy of 3 that loves her hubby.
I love the rustic glam style... check out how Setting for Four incorporates her style into her decor and more! http://t.co/zXx8KcnVwc - 3 hours ago
Maryann @ Domestically Speaking

Latest posts by Maryann @ Domestically Speaking (see all)

Maryann @ Domestically Speaking

I love Pinterest and have tons of boards of my favorite, inspiring things. I'd love for you to follow along.   Domestically Speaking on Pinterest

Comments

1. Hannah says

HI! thanks so much for your tutorial, I followed it easily and it worked great. I’m encountering a different problem and wondered if you had any suggestions.
    I am trying to print on the burlap for someone’s wedding invitations. The burlap swatch is to be about 4.75×6.75 (layered later onto a 5×7 cardstock). the printing processes goes just fine, but the wording is difficult to read – seems to get lost in the weave of the burlap. I don’t have large or open weave burlap – just your basic, run of the mill, by the yard, craft store stuff. I’ve tried a thicker font and bolded it, but but no improvement. I’m wondering if this is just because of my project and font needs in relation to the burlap weave.
    Do you have any suggestions? Thanks!

2. Ann says

Love the tutorial! Maybe a silly question but do you leave the freezer paper on the burlap once you’ve printed on it or do you peel it off?

Thanks so much!

3. Anielia says

Just wondering if you can print on the burlap in color, I only see black and white in your tutorial? Thanks

• Maryann @ Domestically Speaking says

Hi Dana ~ For the subway style you need to either create it in Photoshop or I think PicMonkey (free) would work or I used Wordle.net where you can plug in the words and it creates it for you.

Hi Maryann! That is a great video and tutorial! I’m excited to try this! Do you have to mirror image before printing? Thanks for sharing your beautiful work! Blessings from Bama!

• Maryann @ Domestically Speaking says

Nope – no mirror printing needed since it’s not a transfer, it’s printing directly on the burlap.

5. Sharon says

Love this! But tried it and failed. I had everything set up and looking great, then when it came time to print, it wouldn’t feed the burlap through. :( Any suggestions? I tried different settings but no luck. I wanted to do this for a wedding gift next week.

• Sharon says

Success! I trimmed the burlap back away from the edges to expose the paper about 1/4″ and viola! Stubborn printer.

6. Caroline says

What a great video! Thanks for sharing. I’ve been trying to think of an inexpensive, yet thoughtful, gift for my husband for our second wedding anniversary. Problem solved! :)

Maryann, I love using freezer paper for crafts, as in making stencils. I have never used it in the printer to make anything, but I think this idea is great. You did a great job in making the tutorial, so I think it will work great for any number of projects. Thanks for always sharing with us such great ideas and instructions!!!

Thanks so much for your video. I’ve always loved your printed burlap projects and now I know exactly how to make my own! I’m prepping for a booth at a local festival for October 5 and I’ll be that some framed burlap prints for fall would really sell.

9. edna says

Love your tutorial on burlap printing! One question- What quality of print, best, better or quick print? I know best uses more ink – takes longer and comes out darker , maybe more refined. Quick is more fast print, gray-er. The slowness of your printer made me think it was better or best print choice.
    thanks if you know-