The other day I was roaming around Family Fun’s website when I came across this adorable 4th of July Ribbon Flag craft idea. It’s super simple & I had almost everything on hand… just needed stars…
4th of July Ribbon Flag Supplies:
- 7/8” grosgrain ribbon in red, white & blue
- something 12” long (a ruler, I used an old paint stick)
- stars or something that will resembles stars (they used silver pom-poms)
- fabric glue or I used my trusty glue gun.. love her!
Ribbon lengths to cut:
- red: four 14 1/2” & three 24”
- white: three 14 1/2” & three 24”
- blue: seven 10 1/2”
To start the assembling glue the seven blue strips to the red and white 14 1/2” strips. You want the blue to overlap the red or white. The measurements are such that you can overlap about 1/2 inch.
Then start with your 24” red at the far right side of the paint stirrer… then a 24” white, till all the 24” strips are glued down.
Then glue on the blue strips… the important part is lining up the base of the blue strip into a straight line.
Once all the strips were glued down I put a strip of blue ribbon across the top on the paint stirrer to cover up the edges.
I love how the bottom of the ribbon just curls a bit. If you wanted it to hang taut you could glue a penny to the back end of each of the strips.
Happy 4th of July!