Thank you Vaseline for sponsoring this blog post. The opinions and text are all mine.
We are only a few weeks till Spring, but my skin says it’s winter. Where we live in So. Cal. it’s dry. Dry in the winter (for the most part) and hot and dry during the summer, and I’ve got dry skin normally. So during the winter my skin needs some extra help. So here’s some tips to help Care for your Winter Skin and get you ready for Spring!
1. Drink more water! Drinking water is important all the time. But I know when it’s cold it’s harder for me to keep downing that all important water. I leave the ice out of my water during the winter months so that I will drink more.
2. Avoid super hot baths. I know that’s hard because on a chilly night nothing sounds better. But taking a super hot bath or shower can break down the lipid barrier in your skin. So go with the warm water instead.
3. Eat omega-3 fatty acids. Eating foods rich in omega-3’s have shown to help with skin dryness. Some examples are walnuts, flaxseed and salmon.
4. Eat your fruits and veggies! That’s important all the time, but during the winter your body really needs the extra water that minerals you find in so many fruits and veggies.
5. Exfoliate! Your skin needs help getting those dead skin cells removed. Giving your skin a good exfoliation once a week is important.
6. Moisturize! Your skin needs moisturizer, but even more during the summer.
Here’s some of my favorite to use.
I was invite to try out the New Vaseline® Intensive CareTM Healing Serums. Look how cutely they arrived just before Valentine’s Day with yummy treats from Magnolia Bakery!!!
Living in So. Cal. I’m in flip-flops for 9 months of the year and my heels look like it. I loved using the Deep Repair Healing Serum. After using a pumice stone I lathered on the Deep Repair. All of Vaseline’s Healing Serum absorb quickly, which I love. My feet were smooth and soft.
I love keeping lotion in my van too. The skin on your hands are thinner and during the winter they definitely need more moisturizing.
I put the Advance Relief Healing Serum in my car. While waiting to pick up the kiddos or at a red light I’m rubbing some on my hands. I love the scent of the Advance Relief. It has the scent of rose and vanilla and makes my car smell great.
Being an active DIY’er my hands are always in use with some project. I also love keeping lotion by our kitchen sink.
The Radiance Restore Healing Serum helps to restore that “radiance” to your winter dry skin.
Vaseline has been caring for skin for over 140 years, so I know I can trust their products. I love that I can find these new products easily at your local grocery/drug store.
These new Vaseline Intensive Care Healing Serums provide your dry skin with 10x the healing power to reverse dry skin damage. These serums are highly concentrated which gives your skin that amazing moisture boost it needs. Here’s some of the reasons why:
- contains PPAR Activators which penetrate your skin to replenish lipids
- has little micro-droplets of Vaseline Jelly to prevent the moisture from escaping
- has Elastomers which give your skin that soft, silky feel we all love
So do you have any other tips for helping your winter skin? You can find other great skin tips and products by following Vaseline on Facebook.
Comments submitted may be displayed on other websites owned by the sponsoring brand
Vaseline sponsored this blog post. The opinions and text are all mine.