It feels like I haven’t done furniture in FOREVER!
I’ve had this chair for ages… ok, really like a year. It’s part of the free set of chairs I scored on Craigslist. The rest are around my kitchen table that I showed you last year.
The set only had 1 end chair (with arm-rests), so I figured I’d stick it in another room… just wasn’t sure where… plus it needed some repairs. One of the back slats was warped and was loose… nothing some wood glue and screws couldn’t handle. My dad was kind enough to take it home with him and fixed it for me back in December… thanks Dad!
So… I finally got around to painting it today. The weather has been nice here in So. Cal… highs in the 60’s… so spray painting weather!
I gave her a coat of cheap flat black spray paint.
Then she got a good coat of Krylon’s Satin Black.
While that was drying I cut my foam to fit the seat base.
I found this fabric in my fabric scrap box. I went with something neutral since FINALLY decorating the master bedroom is on the 2010 “to-do” list… yes, that’s where I decided to place the chair… at least for the time being.
I cut the fabric about 2-3 inches larger than the seat base, so you can wrap it around and have enough to staple to the base.
Then I staple one side in the center… then I go straight across and pull the fabric tight and staple. Then I do the same to the other side… going diagonally across as you staple to keep it evenly tight. Then just staple like a maniac!
To make the corners I just pull the actual corner of the fabric straight towards to center so it makes this nice fold.
Then it’s just attaching the seat base to the chair… mine just screws on… easy-peasy!
Yes… one more project to cross off that “to-do” list!
This project cost me Nada… Chair was free and I had all the supplies on hand.
Places I’m Partying!