Pumpkin Cream Cheese Cookies are so soft and delicious! Pumpkin and cream cheese go together so well and with the spices of the season, they make a great fall cookie.Jump to Recipe
I love soft, pillowy cookies and these pumpkin cookies definitely fit that description. The cream cheese in the cookie gives it that great flavor and texture. Then you have all those great fall spices: cinnamon, cloves, nutmeg, and ginger that compliment pumpkin so well.
How to Make Pumpkin Cream Cheese Cookies
You start with butter, cream cheese, and pumpkin.
In your mixer bowl, you’ll beat those ingredients together until smooth.
Then you add your sugar and then beat on medium speed for a few minutes.
While the mixer is going you’ll put together the dry ingredients: flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, ginger, cloves, and nutmeg.
Whisk the dry ingredients together.
Add an egg to the mixer and mix until it’s combined.
Then add half of the dry ingredients to the mixer bowl and mix on low speed until mostly combined.
Add remainder of dry ingredients and mix well, scraping down the sides with a spatula to make sure it’s well combined.
Once the batter is well mixed, you want to refrigerate the batter for at least four hours. I just keep it in the mixer bowl and cover it with plastic wrap.
After 4 hours, preheat your oven to 350 degrees F and scoop a large teaspoonful of the batter into your hands and roll it. You want the batter to be about a 1″ ball. Place the cookie batter on a parchment-lined cookie sheet about 2 inches apart.
After the cookies have cooled completely you can drizzle some icing on top of the cookies.
So beautiful and ready to eat! Once the drizzle has dried and you can store it in an air-tight container for up to a week.
Pumpkin Cream Cheese Cookies
- Parchment-lined cookie sheet
- ½ cup butter softened
- 4 ounces cream cheese softened
- ½ cup pumpkin puree
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 ½ cups flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- ¾ tsp ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp ground ginger
- ¼ tsp ground cloves
- ¼ tsp ground nutmeg
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- 1 tsp milk
- In a mixing bowl, add the softened butter and cream cheese, and the pumpkin puree. Mix on low until combined.
- Add the sugar. Beat on medium speed for 3 minutes.
- Add the egg. Mix on low until combined.
- In a separate bowl, add the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, ground cinnamon, ground ginger, ground cloves, and ground nutmeg. Whisk together until even dispered.
- Add half of the dry ingredients to the mixer bowl. Turn on low and slowly combine.
- Add the rest of the dry ingredients. Turn on low and mix until combined.
- Cover mixer bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate dough for at least 4 hours.
- After 4 hours, preheat oven to 350 and remove dough from fridge.
- Scoop the dough into your hand to form one-inch balls.
- Place the balls onto a parchment lined baking sheet about 2 inches apart.
- Bake for about 20 minutes until the edges are just starting to brown. Let cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes before moving to a cooling rack.
- Use a fork to mix together the powdered sugar and milk until smooth and thick.
- I use a fork to drizzle the icing on top of the cookies. Just move the fork in a back in forth motion until you get the icing coverage you want.
I hope you get a chance to try these Pumpkin Cream Cheese Cookies soon. Here are some other cream cheese desserts you might like to try as well.