Making small changes can make a big difference. Growing up in California water conservation has been ingrained in me since I was in elementary school. I remember the yearly assembly with Ricky the Raindrop where we heard about the water cycle and how California is frequently in a drought situation. We were reminded to not leave our water running while brushing our teeth and to not take long showers.
Small Changes, Big Difference
I’m helping Energy Upgrade California to remind us all how important it is to make small changes because they really can make a big difference. Even if you are not in California these tips will help your area plus many of these tips will save you money too… win-win!
Let’s check out a few of these great tips:
- Turn your lights off!
- when you leave a room, turn off the lights
- when I was a kiddo my dad taught us this really quick by charging us a quarter anytime we’d leave a light on in our room – totally worked!
- Mind the blinds!
- we get blazing hot in the summer and we close the blinds on whatever side of the house has sun, it definitely helps to keep the house cooler
- keeps your house cooler
- spend less money to cool your home
- Wash in cold!
- use less energy
- costs less
- Shower power!
- showers (unless you take really long ones) use less water than a bath
- lower water bill
You can find other great small changes by clicking here:
I love ideas that are easy and that benefit me plus those around me and I think you’ll find a lot of ideas you can easily implement here.