If you’re like me the whole family knows when you haven’t gotten enough sleep. One of my goals is to set boundaries with my work this year, so I get enough sleep. I love being a professional blogger and getting to work from home, but it’s hard for me to shut down that laptop when there’s “always something I could be working on.”
Creating a sleep space with the intention of sleep is important. Here are a few tips that I use to help get a good night of sleep:
- The right window treatments (to block light). Most people sleep deeper and feel more refreshed sleep in a dark space.
- The right lighting. Have lighting on a dimmer switch or lamps with low wattage bulbs so you don’t wake each other up.
- Smell. I love using a diffuser at night with some lavender oil.
- Temperature. Do what you can to get your room the ideal temperature for you. Ceiling fans and floor fans are a great way to help keep that a/c bill down.
- Sheets. Everyone has their preference of fabric, but making sure you have a sheet set that is comfortable for your skin.
- The mattress! This one is so important.
We purchased our current mattress when we bought our home almost 7 years ago. It wasn’t something we put a lot of thought in as we were packing our old house up and agreed to a 3 week escrow (eek). So this year my husband and I have both mentioned that we need to look into a new mattress.
Serta Perfect Sleeper is a mattress designed so you no longer need to count sheep. I’m one of those people who’s brain doesn’t shut down easily… so this sounds wonderful! Serta has a list of the 5 common sleep problems… do you share some of these?
- tossing & turning
- not enough support for your back
- not the right sleep temperature
- feeling your partner move
- sagging and edge roll-off
I know I do! Serta is also the only official mattress of National Sleep Foundation.
I can’t wait to try out their Cool Action™ Gel Memory Foam. That sounds wonderful during our hot summer months. Their mattresses are reasonably priced and come with many options, like their adjustable foundations… allowing you watch TV in bed while being perfectly supported.
Are you in the market for a new mattress? Are you having some sleep issues too? Here’s a little video I made to share some more about our mattress and the issues we have.