My youngest is 10 and in the last year she has fallen in love with gymnastics. She’s done dance classes, cheer for a couple years but since she started gymnastics just over a year ago she almost instantly fell in love. She has a summer birthday and one of the items on her wish list is a bedroom makeover. She wanted an update from the apple green walls with pink scallops (which I LOVED). So we’ve started her room makeover with a beautiful blue paint on the walls and a fun, custom Fathead gymnastic wall decal.
She’s been wanting one of these wall decals since Christmas. So needless to say she’s thrilled. Here’s what her room looked like before…
I loved her room… but I know she was ready for something a little more grown up.
Here’s how easy it was to install.
- lay your decal out for about an hour before you’re ready to apply (helps it to lay flat)
- if you have separate pieces – cut them out. Ours was 1 piece.
- Take the smoother tool that came with the decal and smooth the backing of the decal.
- Layout the decal on your wall. The backer paper will be against the wall. Use a level if necessary and attach with painter’s tape to the wall.
- Slowly pull off the backing paper. With the size of our decal this was a two person job. I pulled from the top down, smoothing it onto the wall as I went
- Then it’s time to get the decals onto the wall and remove the top paper.
I worked in sections and have my daughter operate the smoother while I slowly pulled off the top paper. This part you want to take your time on, making sure you’ve smoothed the decal down well.
When you’re done stand back and admire your work!
Step 1 of tween room update done!