Use phyllo dough to wrap up some delicious, herb stuffing bites. These Phyllo Wrapped Stuffing Bites are one of the best bites that you will make all holiday season.
I love stuffing! I love boxed stuffing. And this easy recipe elevates box stuffing into a beautiful bite that is perfect for Thanksgiving and Christmas and would be great as an appetizer or even as a fun side dish.
What You Need
- box of stuffing (I used Stovetop Herb Stuffing Mix)
- ingredients for stuffing mix (mine was butter and water)
- phyllo dough
- melted butter
You could use leftover stuffing with cranberries and sausage, or any of the many different flavor stuffing box options that your local store has.
Start By Cooking Your Stuffing
I made my stove top stuffing as directed on the box, then let it cool to room temperature before moving on.
I love the savory herb stuffing as it is packed with flavors. The chicken or turkey flavored stuffing would be delicious too.
Cut The Phyllo Into Big Rectangles
I used three layers of phyllo dough sheets to make these stuffing balls.
I laid 1 sheet down and then gently brushed the top with melted butter. Then place another sheet on top and repeat the melted butter on top. Finish with the third phyllo dough sheet. Brush some more butter on top.
Then I cut the sheets into 6 rectangles with a sharp knife. My sheets of phyllo are 9″ by 14″. So they are almost square when cut like I did below.
Then add a heaping tablespoon of stuffing to the center of the rectangles.
Then you want to gather the edges. Pull two opposite sides together and pinch. Then repeat with the other two opposite sides and pinch. Then seal the seams.
Perfect Phyllo Wrapped Stuffing Bites
Bake those beauties up on a parchment lined baking sheet until golden brown on the edges.
You can serve warm or cold. They also reheat in the oven or microwave. I love having them as an afternoon snack. These phyllo wrapped stuffing bites taste delicious. You get all those stuffing flavors, plus that buttery flakey pastry outer shell.
If you want to go with an easy option, buy the phyllo shells. Those little phyllo cups can be filled with stuffing and bake. That would make a great phyllo cup appetizer.
They look like little stuffing presents!
Phyllo Wrapped Stuffing Bites
- baking sheet
- parchment paper
- 1 box stuffing mix I used herb stuffing
- water as directed on stuffing box
- butter as directed on stuffing box
- 6 sheets phyllo dough
- 1 cup butter melted
- Make your stuffing as directed on the box.
- Allow to cool to room temperature.
- Preheat oven to 400° degrees F.
- Place 1 layer of the phyllo dough on a cutting board. Brush the top of the dough with melted butter.
- Place another layer of phyllo dough on top of the melted butter layer. Repeat with more butter and then add a third phyllo dough layer. Finish the top with melted butter.
- Cut phyllo dough into rectangles/squares. Mine are about 4.5" x 4.6".
- Place a heaping tablespoon in the center of each square.
- Grab two of the corners, opposite sides, and bring them to the center and press together.
- Repeat with the other two opposite corners and repeat. Press all the corners together into the center. Then press the side seams together.
- Place on a parchment lined baking sheet and baked for 8 minutes.