Cranberry Thanksgiving Bread is an easy recipe using a spice cake mix! Cranberries add a festive hue and a tangy flavor to this Thanksgiving bread. I love the combo of the sweet spice bread and the tart cranberries. It’s a beautiful bread too, perfect for the holiday table.
Ingredients for Cranberry Spice Bread
- spice cake mix
- vanilla instant pudding mix
- fresh cranberries
Step By Step Instructions
Pour your spice cake mix into a large bowl.
Add the vanilla instant pudding mix.
Pour in the water.
Then add the oil.
Crack and add your eggs.
Stir until completely combined.
In a small bowl add your cranberries.
Add the flour to the cranberries and toss to coat the cranberries with the flour.
Add the floured cranberries to the bread mixture. Gently fold the cranberries into the batter.
Grease 2 loaf pans with nonstick cooking spray. Divide the batter between the 2 pans and bake at 350 degrees f oven until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out with a few crumbles attached.
This is an easy quick bread, perfect for the busy holiday season! Those gorgeous cranberries are perfect for Thanksgiving, but this bread is also great for Christmas!
Other Bread Add-In Options
- Chopped Cranberries – you could give some variety of textures with some whole and some chopped cranberries
- Orange peel – add some orange zest to the batter. Orange and cranberries go great together.
- Walnuts – if you love nuts, walnuts go great with cranberries.
- Orange Glaze – you could great a simple orange glaze with orange juice and powdered sugar. Then you would have a cranberry orange bread, great for breakfast.
- Raisins – raisins add a great addtional texture and sweetness to the bread.
I hope you get a chance to try one of these Cranberry Bread Recipes soon.
Thanksgiving Cranberry Bread
- 1 spice cake mix
- 3.4 ounce instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 cup water
- ½ cup oil
- 3 eggs
- 1½ cups fresh cranberries
- ⅛ cup flour
- Preheat your oven to 350° F. Spray two loaf pans with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a bowl, add your spice cake mix, instant pudding mix, water, oil, and eggs.
- Mix together until completely combined.
- In a separate small bowl, add the cranberries and flour. Toss to coat the cranberries with flour.
- Fold the coated cranberries into the bread batter.
- Divide the batter between the two greased loaf pans.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out with only a few crumbles.
- Let it cool for at least 30 minutes before slicing and serving.