This is one of my favorite Christmas recipes that I remember having every Christmas since I was a kid. It’s one of those treats that looks decadent and time-consuming, but it really is not as hard as you think pastry would be. This Almond Puff Pastry will quickly become a favorite in your home too! This almond pastry is great for brunch or even dessert.
Favorite Christmas Recipe
If you love the taste almond flavor you will adore the flakey texture is a delight. It’s a classic and I personally think it’s one of the best Christmas recipes.
This makes a great breakfast treat Christmas morning and it can easily be made days before and even freezes well (just let it cool and wrap it well).
Almond Puff Pastry
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 2 tbsp water
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup flour
- 4 eggs
- 1 tsp almond extract more if you love almond
Drizzle and Toppings
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 tsp almond extract
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds slightly toasted
- water if needed to thin out the drizzle
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Blend together the crust ingredients with a pastry cutter or 2 forks. The mixture will be coarse and crumbly. Divide it into two balls.
- With a lightly floured rolling pin, roll into long pieces (about 4″ by 12″) and lay on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
- In a saucepan, bring to boil over low heat the water and butter (Top portion). Add flour when the water comes to a boil. Turn off the heat and continue to stir until the batter leaves the sides of the pan.
- Add the eggs, one egg at a time and then add the almond extract.
- Divide into two parts and spread over the crust, making certain that it is covered completely. Bake at 350 degrees for 40- 45 minutes.
- While still warm, drizzle with a mixture of powdered sugar, and almond extract. If the mixture is too thick add water, 1/2 teaspoon at a time. Sprinkle with sliced, roasted almonds.
- Serve warm or cold.
I hope you’ll give my favorite Christmas recipe a try & I hope you love it as much as I do!