If you can’t get enough pumpkin spice then you’ll want to try this Pumpkin Spice Poke Cake. It’s a super easy recipe that is perfect for potlucks, parties and even Thanksgiving.
Pumpkin Spice Poke Cake
This recipe takes a box mix and turns it into a wonderful fall treat. It’s moist, not a heavy dessert, yet it’s full of all those fall flavors we love.
Perfect fall cake - spice cake filled with pumpkin in this Pumpkin Spice Poke Cake.
- Spice Cake Mix
- Water amount as directed on cake mix box
- Oil amount as directed on cake mix box
- Eggs amount as directed on cake mix box
- 3.4 ounce Pumpkin Spice Pudding Mix
- 2 cups milk
- tub of whipped topping
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray the bottom of a 9"x13" pan with non-stick spray.
- Add the cake mix, water, oil and eggs to a bowl. Mix for 2 minutes until combined.
- Pour cake batter into your sprayed pan and bake as directed on cake mix box.
- Once cake is finished baking, remove from oven.
- Now start on the pudding. Combine the pudding mix and milk and combine with a mix for about 2 minutes.
- Spread a thin layer of pudding on the cake.
- With the end of a wooden spoon, poke holes into the cake.
- Add the rest of the pudding and smooth, pushing the pudding into the holes you've created.
- Place cake into the refrigerator and chill for at least 3 hours.
- When ready to serve add whipped topping to the top of the cake.
The pumpkin spice pudding oozes down into the cake creating a delicious surprise.
I hope you get a chance to check out this great holiday cake recipe.