I love using my Instant Pot and this Instant Pot Cilantro Lime Rice Recipe is definitely one of my favorites. It’s so great with any dish with Mexican flavors. Like my Pulled Pork Taco Recipe. I love that I can toss the ingredients in the pressure cooker and let it do it’s business while I prep the rest of the meal.
Why Cilantro Lime Rice
Cilantro Lime Rice adds such a vibrant addition to your burritos, tacos, or anything you like adding rice too. The lime adds that great acidity that helps the meal taste fresh and vibrant. The Cilantro gives it some additional kicked up the flavor without the heat. Cilantro and Lime balance each other out so well.
How to Make Cilantro Lime Rice in your Instant Pot
I like to start by toasting my rice for a couple of minutes. This is a step you can leave out if you don’t prefer it or if you’re short on time.
Add a couple of tablespoons of oil to your instant pot and put the setting onto sautee. I give it about a minute to start to heat up before adding my rice.
I let the rice toast for about 2 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Now it’s time to add the combo of water and lime juice. Give the rice a little stir and finish with some lime zest before putting the lid on.
Make sure you secure the lid and the valve is closed. If you have a rice setting you can use that or manual for 3 minutes works too.
After your rice finishes cooking you want to allow it to natural release the steam for 18 minutes.
Once the 18 minutes is done, I use the end of a wooden spoon to release the valve and let the remaining steam release. Make sure you are careful, that steam is HOT!
I add chopped cilantro and the juice of a lime to the rice in the pot and fluff it up with a fork.
Oh, how I love this rice in a chicken or carne asada burrito!
Instant Pot Cilantro Lime Rice
- pressure cooker
- 2 tbsp oil
- 2 cups rice I use long grain white
- 1 ¾ cup water
- ¼ cup lime juice
- 1 zest of lime
After rice is cooked
- ½ cup chopped cilantro
- juice of 1 lime
- Pour the oil into the base of the instant pot and turn the setting to sautee. Let the pot heat up for about a minute and then add the rice.
- Let the rice sautee for about 2 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the water and lime juice to the rice, and the lime zest.
- Give a quick stir.
- Place your instant pot lid on locked and make sure your valve is sealed.
- Select the rice setting (which will the pick the cooking time) or manual setting for 3 minutes.
- Once the rice has finished cooking let the instant pot naturally release for 18 minutes.
- After 18 minutes, use the handle of a wooden spoon to release the valve. Once all the steam has released you can open the lid.
- Add the chopped cilantro and the juice of one lime. Fluff with a fork and serve immediately.