Thanks to Hefty for sponsoring today’s post! Happy Sunday Friends! We’ve been baking up a storm the last few days. The kiddos are out of school for a few weeks so we’ve started our Christmas baking. The cookies I’m sharing today are one of my Grandma’s recipes. It’s one of my favorite sugar cookies recipes… it’s got a great creamy texture and I love the hint of almond flavor. I’ve also got some fun holiday crafts at the end of the post.
Cream Cheese Sugar Cookie
Along with this great Almond Cream Cheese Sugar Cookie recipe I’ve got a free and super easy baggie topper printable to share with you.
This makes the perfect gift for all your neighbors! It’s easy, thoughtful and of course yummy!
I started by baking up a batch of these delicious Almond Cream Cheese Sugar Cookies.
Almond Cream Cheese Sugar Cookie
- 1 cup butter softened
- 3 ounces cream cheese softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- Cream your butter, sugar and salt together till fluffy and well combined.
- Add the egg and almond extract and beat until combined.
- Gradually add in the flour while the mixer is on low. Mix till just combined.
- Place dough in refrigerator for 2 hours till overnight.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Roll out sugar dough on a floored surface till about 1/8" thick. Use a floured cookie cutter to cut out shapes and place on a parchment lined cookie sheet.
- Bake cookies for 7-8 minutes until they are lightly browned. Let the cookies cool on a pan for 1 minute then move to a cooling rack.
- Once cooled, you can decorate the cookies.
You can decorate them how ever you like. My girls had fun decorating ours.
You can pick which one you want or download all three. They come as a pdf file. I printed mine out on white cardstock.
Make sure to pick up a box of Hefty Quart Size bags. These printables are designed to fit them perfectly!
I cut out the treat bag topper and you can see there at the top they have outlined where to punch your holes… super easy!
I used some red and white baker’s twine and also jute twine to tie a cute bow on each one.
I also used a stapler to help adhere the treat bag topper once we’d filled our bags with cookies.
I hope this gives you a great last minute gift idea to share with your family and friends!
Hefty has other great ideas for you to check out!
Easy Christmas Tree Ornament ~ Great for the kiddos while on break!
Kid’s Snowman Craft ~ this one is so cute!
and of course the fun one I showed you today…
Thanks for stopping by!
I was compensated for this post but all content and opinions are mine.