Citrus Salt Perfect For Your Summer Grilling
It’s time to kick off your summer grilling and this Citrus Salt recipe is perfect for your grilled food. It’s perfect on grilled veggies, grilled chicken and fish.
This is perfect to make up over your weekend and depending how much you grill this could last you all summer.
Citrus Salt is an easy recipe, it just takes a couple hours to bake (dry out) the zest.
Here you can see the lemon zest after it’s dried from the oven.
This citrus salt is perfect for chicken, fish and vegetables.Print Recipe
- 1/2 cup sea salt
- 2-3 lemon just the zest
- Grind 1/2 cup of sea salt. Add it to a bowl.
- Add the zest of 2-3 lemons to your salt.
- Use a wood spoon to press the zest into the salt to help release the oils.
- Stir the lemon zest around.
- Place the citrus salt on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake at 150 degrees for 2 hours.
- Test that the zest is dried out. Add additional time is necessary.
- Store citrus salt in a container.
This makes a great gift and would be perfect for Father’s Day with some grilling accessories.
I hope you get a chance to try this flavorful salt this summer.
Never would have thought of this before. I bet it’s delicious on fish!