This is perfect to make up over your weekend and depending how much you grill this could last you all summer.
Citrus Salt is an easy recipe, it just takes a couple hours to bake (dry out) the zest.
Here you can see the lemon zest after it’s dried from the oven.
- 1/2 cup sea salt
- 2-3 lemon just the zest
- Grind 1/2 cup of sea salt. Add it to a bowl.
- Add the zest of 2-3 lemons to your salt.
- Use a wood spoon to press the zest into the salt to help release the oils.
- Stir the lemon zest around.
- Place the citrus salt on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake at 150 degrees for 2 hours.
- Test that the zest is dried out. Add additional time is necessary.
- Store citrus salt in a container.
This makes a great gift and would be perfect for Father’s Day with some grilling accessories.
I hope you get a chance to try this flavorful salt this summer.