Indulge in the flavors of fall with our easy Apple Cider Muffins. Made from a cake mix and featuring the warmth of apple cider, these muffins are a seasonal delight. Discover the recipe and enjoy a taste of autumn today!
Today, we’re diving into the wonderful world of autumn-inspired treats with a recipe that’s sure to become a seasonal favorite: Apple Cider Muffins. These delectable muffins are not only incredibly easy to make but also bursting with the cozy flavors of apple cider. The best part? We’re taking a shortcut by using a cake mix to make our baking adventure a breeze!
- spice cake mix
- vanilla instant pudding mix
- apple cider
How to Make Apple Cider Muffins
In a large mixing bowl, combine the cake mix, pudding mix, and apple cider. Mix everything together until well combined.
Then add the melted butter. Stir again. Then add the eggs and mix the batter until smooth.
Peel and cut up your apple before coating them with flour.
Gently fold in the diced apples to add a bit of fruity goodness to each bite.
Scoop the batter into your muffin tin, filling them about three-fourths full. This will allow your muffins to rise beautifully.
Pop them in the oven and bake for about 30-35 minutes. You’ll know they’re ready when a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean or with a few moist crumbs.
Once they’re done, let the muffins cool in the pan for a few minutes, and then transfer them to a wire rack to cool completely.
If you want to take your apple cider muffins to the next level, consider making a simple glaze. Mix together some powdered sugar and a bit more apple cider until you achieve a drizzle-worthy consistency. Then, drizzle it over your cooled muffins for an extra touch of sweetness.
Apple Cider Donuts
- muffin pan
- box spice cake mix
- 3.4 ounce box of instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 cup apple cider
- ½ cup melted butter you can use canola or vegetable oil instead
- 3 large eggs
- ½ large Granny Smith apple peeled and cut into bite-sized pieces
- 2 tbsp all purpose flour
- Preheat your oven to 350° F. Spray muffin pans with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a bowl, add your spice cake mix, instant pudding mix, and apple cider. Stir until smooth.
- Add the melted butter and stir. Then add the eggs, stir until smooth.
- Toss your peel and cut apple pieces with the flour to coat them.
- Add the apple chunks to the muffin batter. Fold the apples into the batter to evenly distribute them.
- Spoon the batter into the prepared muffin cups, filling them ¾ full.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out with only a few crumbles. Let them cool in the pan for 5-10 minutes before removing to finish cooling on a cooling rack.
A few tips:
- If you can get your hands on fresh-pressed apple cider, it’ll elevate the flavor even more. However, store-bought cider works just fine.
- Feel free to add a handful of chopped nuts like pecans or walnuts for some crunch.
- These muffins are perfect for breakfast, snack time, or even as a dessert. Serve them with a warm cup of apple cider for a delightful treat.