These Cranberry Pistachio Shortbread Cookies are perfect for Christmas!!! We love pistachios! The color combo of this cookie with cranberries and pistachios is perfect for the upcoming holidays. The two work perfectly with a shortbread cookie… so check out these delicious Cranberry Pistachio Shortbread Cookies.
Such a beautiful color combo! You’ll start by chopping these down in your food processor.
After all your ingredients have been through the food processors it’s time to finish off the shortbread cookies.
Once your cookies are assembled you’ll need to chill them before slicing.
Aren’t they just gorgeous… I can’t get over the red and green!
They’re just as beautiful baked…
A beautiful holiday cookie! These cookies have flecks of red and green in these beautiful Cranberry Pistachio Shortbread Cookies.
- 1 Cup All Purpose Flour
- 1/4 Cup Sugar
- 1/2 Cup butter chilled and cut into cubes
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 Cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 Cup pistachios
- 1/2 tsp almond extract
- 1 tbsp. freshly squeezed orange juice.
- Preheat oven to 325 F. Line two cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- Pulse the cranberries a couple of times in a food processor and transfer to a bowl.
- Now repeat the process with the pistachios and set aside in a bowl.
- Now. to the same food processor, add the flour, sugar, salt and give it a 2 or 3 pulses till nicely mixed.
- Next throw in the butter and pulse till it resembles a crumbly mixture.
- Drizzle in the almond extract and orange juice and give it a couple more pulses to mix.
- Now fold in the chopped pistachios and chopped cranberries.
- Transfer the flour mixture to a floured surface, knead and roll into a log. Cling wrap and chill for 1 hour.
- Cut into 1/4 inch discs. Arrange on cookie sheet and bake for 14-16 minutes till golden brown around the edges.
- Cool on wire rack. Store in airtight container.