These Snowball Cookies are great for your neighbors or just to enjoy yourself. Snowball Cookies are perfect for the holiday. Christmas cookies that look like mini snowballs. A great cookie recipe you’ll love to make during the holidays.
- almond flour
- powdered sugar (confectioner’s sugar)
- almond extract
How to make snowball cookies?
Who doesn’t like cookies that look like mini snowballs? Adorable and yummy! These classic cookies have a delicious almond flavoring. They make great Christmas treats.
Start by prepping your cookie sheets with parchment paper or silicon mats.
Then cream together your room temperature butter, sugar, and almond extract at a medium speed.
Add the flours and mix on a low speed until combined and the flour mixture has been smoothly mixed in.
Then form dough into 1-inch balls and roll in the powdered sugar until the ball have a powdered sugar coating.
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 cup almond flour or almond meal
- 1/4 cup confectioner’s sugar
- 1 stick of butter
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
To Roll in After Baking
- 1/2 cup confectioner’s sugar
- Preheat your oven to 325 degrees F. Line 2 cookie sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a bowl using a electric mixer, cream butter, powdered sugar, almond extract.
- Whisk in the flour, almond meal and salt until dough comes together.
- Scoop out 1/2 tbsp. dough and shape them into balls.
- Roll the balls in the powdered sugar and arrange them on the parchment lined baking sheets.
- Bake 14-16 minutes till the edges start turning golden brown.
- Let the cookies cool down a little and roll in powdered sugar while still they are still warm.
- Cool completely on a cooling rack and sprinkle more powdered sugar.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container for up to 4 days.
I hope you enjoy this Snowball Cookie Recipe. You can find more cookie recipes in my dessert’s like these: