The week before Christmas… the kiddos are out of school and one of our traditions is baking up cookies for our neighbors. These Snowball Cookies are great for your neighbors or just to enjoy yourself.
Who doesn’t like cookies that look like mini snowballs? Adorable and yummy!
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 cup almond flour or almond meal
- 1/4 cup confectioner's sugar
- 1 stick of butter
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
To Roll in After Baking
- 1/2 cup confectioner's sugar
- Preheat your oven to 325 degrees F. Line 2 cookie sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a bowl using a electric mixer, cream butter, powdered sugar, almond extract.
- Whisk in the flour, almond meal and salt until dough comes together.
- Scoop out 1/2 tbsp. dough and shape them into balls.
- Roll the balls in the powdered sugar and arrange them on the parchment lined baking sheets.
- Bake 14-16 minutes till the edges start turning golden brown.
- Let the cookies cool down a little and roll in powdered sugar while still they are still warm.
- Cool completely on a cooling rack and sprinkle more powdered sugar.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container for up to 4 days.
I hope you enjoy this Snowball Cookie Recipe. You can find more cookie recipes in my dessert’s like these: