Christmas Tree Brownies are an adorable holiday treat that are absolutely delicious too! This an easy holiday recipe that will become a family favorite.
Don’t these Christmas Tree Brownies look like something you’d order at a bakery! Yet you can totally impress your friends, neighbors, family with these adorable chocolate holiday treats!
Let’s get into how to make these festive treats!
Christmas Tree Brownies Supply List:
(affiliate links provided for your convenience)
- brownie mix & ingredients needed for mix (water, oil, egg)
- green frosting (recipe to follow)
- holiday sprinkles (I used red, white, and green ball sprinkles)
- yellow stars (perfect star for the top of the Christmas tree)
- disposable piping bag (makes for easy decorating)
- Wilton Star tip (1m)
- 3 – round cookie/biscuit cutters in varying sizes
How to Make Christmas Tree Brownies
First you need to make the brownies. I just use a boxed brownie mix. I’ve tried homemade brownies, but I love boxed brownies… I personally think they always taste better. You make what you like though. Make sure to use butter of cooking spray in the bottom of your pan, or parchment paper so that you can easily remove the brownies from the pan.
You want to bake your brownies in a 9 x 13 pan in the oven. While your brownies are cooling you can make up your frosting.
Christmas Tree Brownies Frosting
- 1 brownie mix make according to directions and let cool
- 2 C. powdered sugar
- 1/2 C. butter softened to room temperature
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2-3 tbsp. milk
- green food coloring
- Combine the powdered sugar, softened butter and vanilla extract. Add in 1 tablespoon of milk at a time, as needed until the frosting as reached your desired consistency.
- Attach the star tip to the piping bag and fill the bag with green frosting.
Once the brownies are cool is time for the assembling fun! Now for each Christmas Tree Brownie you need to cut out three different sized circles of brownie. My circles are approximately 3″, 2″ and 1″ circles.
Gently squeeze the frosting out of the bag and onto the top of each brownie (I started with the biggest and stacked
Top the last brownie with frosting to resemble to top of a Christmas tree.
Add a star to the top of your tree and sprinkle on some festive sprinkles as you like. Here is where you can let the kids get as creative as you like. You could have some crushed candy canes, chocolate chips, etc.
Repeat with the rest of the brownies.
Aren’t they so fun! I hope you have get a chance to try this Christmas brownies recipe.