This Beer Cheese Fondue Recipe is perfect for any get-together! A classic beer cheese fondue recipe that takes less than 30 minutes to make. Beer and cheese are a classic pairing and this dip celebrates it perfectly!Jump to Recipe
A friend of mine was excited to share with me one of her favorite date night yummies. Beer Cheese Fondue! It is a simple recipe that you can use for any occasion. So simple that it would be a SIN to not try it out. Whether it be game night, date night, family movie night, or just simple munchies… this recipe is one you’ll want to not only share but keep in your recipe box! So write this down!
You Will Need
- sharp cheddar cheese
- gruyere cheese
- brown mustard
How to Make Beer Cheese Fondue
Grate the cheddar and gruyere cheeses. Place the grated cheese in a bowl and toss with cornstarch.
Crush the garlic clove and place in a saucepan. Once it is browned and aromatic, add the beer.
Heat up the liquid to a simmer. Then slowly add the cheese mixture. Stir it until all the cheeses melt.
Once it’s all melted and heated you can transfer the beer cheese dip to the heated fondue pot.
Beer Cheese Dipping Options
There are so many options of items that you can dip into this beauty. A harder bread, such as crisp french bread, soft pretzels or hard pretzels, tortilla chips, veggies like fresh broccoli, or even apples! There are so many choices that you can add to this spread, you can basically use this as an entire meal!
- sourdough bread chunks
- roasted brussels sprouts
- cooked sausage bites
Beer Cheese Fondue
- Fondue Pot
- ½ lb sharp cheddar cheese
- ½ lb gruyère cheese
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 clove garlic more if desired
- 1 cup beer used Yuengling
- fresh cracked pepper to taste
- brown mustard to taste, if desired
- milk if needed to thin it out
- In a small bowl, grate cheese and add tbsp cornstarch. Set aside.
- In a pot, add the crushed garlic and brown over medium/low heat.
- Once it is browned and aromatic add the beer. Heat to a simmer.
- Slowly add cheese until it melts, stirring constantly.
- Once ingredients are fully combined then pour into the already heated fondue pot.
This beer cheese fondue is so fun for any occasion with a spread of items to dip and some fondue forks for everyone to use.
Thank you Creatively Homespun for this delicious recipe! If you liked this recipe, check out this other great party favorite!