This Cherry Cream Cheese Galette is an easy recipe that is perfect for a summer dessert. This galette is also great for brunch or a mid-day snack. It is an easy to make dessert that oozes rustic elegance. The crust base can be either homemade or in this case, I used a store bought pie crust. The cream cheese layer is simple to put together and the top layer is a can of cherry pie filling.
I love homemade pastry. There is something so satisfying about enjoying a slice for breakfast or in the afternoon. I add almond extract to the cream cheese layer because I just love almond. I especially love almond and cherries together, I think they go together so well. If you’re not a huge fan of almond though you could easily substitute it for vanilla.
This cherry cream cheese pastry is seriously out of this world and once you’ve one made you’ll want to make it again and again.
Cherry Cream Cheese Galette
- hand mixer
- 1 refrigerated pie crust you make your own homemade if preferred
- 4 ounces cream cheese softened
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg separated
- 1 tsp almond extract if you prefer vanilla you can substitute with vanilla extract
- 1 can cherry pie filling
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Prep your cookie sheet by place a sheet of parchment paper on top.
- Take 1 refrigerated pie crust and open it up on top of the parchment paper.
- In a bowl, add your cream cheese, sugar, egg yolk and almond extract. Use your hand mixer to mix until combined.
- Take the cream cheese mixture and smooth on top of the pie crust, leaving about 1 1/2 inches around the outside without the filling.
- Take your cherry pie filling and spread it on top of the cream cheese filling, leaving it off the outer 1 1/2 inch edge as well.
- Fold that 1 1/2 inch edge up on top of the filling. Work around until all the edges have been folded on top.
- Use the egg white and brush the crust edges.
- Bake in your preheated 400 degree oven for 20-25 minutes until the edges are started to turn golden brown.
Brunch Ideas with Cherry Cream Cheese Pastry:
I hope you get a chance to try this great pastry recipe soon. If you’re intimidated to try making a pastry, this is one of the easiest, so give it a try!