Today I’m sharing one of our family’s favorite recipes… Creamy White Chicken Enchiladas! These are great if you have some spicy wimps in your family… like me! I whip up a batch and those who love spicy food can add enchilada or hot sauce on top and those who prefer it more mild, leave it off.
Creamy White Chicken Enchiladas
These are great to make with chicken that you’ve boiled up or even leftover chicken.
A great enchilada recipe that will be loved by those who don't love spicy food, but you can easily add some heat.
- 3 large cooked chicken breasts I usually boil mine for about 20 minutes or until they shred easily
- 1 can of cream of chicken soup
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 cups shredded Mexican cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- either 8 large or 12 small flour tortillas
- Shred your cooked chicken and place in a large bowl.
- In a large measuring cup mix together the can of cream of chicken soup and milk.
- Pour 1/2 of the cream of chicken soup and milk mixture into the shredded chicken.
- Add the sour cream, 1 1/2 cups of the Mexican cheese and salt and pepper to taste to the shredded chicken. Mix to combine.
- Scoop the mixture (about 2-3 tbsp) onto the center of a flour tortilla and roll.
- Place rolled tortillas in a 9x13 greased baking pan. Pour the remainder of the cream of chicken soup / milk mixture on top of the rolled tortillas.
- Sprinkle the remaining Mexican cheese on top of the rolled tortillas.
- Bake at 350 for 20 minutes covered with foil. Then remove foil and bake for 10 additional minutes.
I hope your family enjoys these Creamy White Chicken Enchiladas too!
Here’s some other great recipes you should try…
Thanks for stopping by….