I decided to have fun and create a recipe with some of my favorite things. I made a delicious Creamy Garlic, Bacon and Tomato Penne with Mozzarella Balls! It was amazing! I love it when a recipe comes together so well and this one did. It’s one of those recipes where I was savoring every bite! Who doesn’t love a creamy garlic penne pasta! I love pasta and one of the many reasons is you can whip up a pasta dish with just about anything. So I joined up with 11 other awesome bloggers to bring you some great recipes using noodles! Gotta love noodles!
Creamy Garlic, Bacon and Tomato Penne
It has a delicious creamy sauce that coats all the noodles with just enough flavor without drowning them. That is one of the many reasons that I love penne noodles. Penne is a cylinder shaped pasta noodle that I love with a cream sauce.
And the mozzarella balls as they melt just add to the creamy sauce… it’s divine I tell you!
Here’s the amazing pasta recipe…
Easy weeknight dinner with this Creamy Garlic, Bacon and Tomato Penne with Mozzarella Balls.
- 1/2 lb Penne Pasta
- 1 lb bacon
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 1/2 cups of milk
- 2 cloves of garlic minced
- 3 tablespoons of basil chopped finely
- 1/2 cup of Parmesan cheese
- 2 roma tomatoes chopped into bite sized chunks
- 5 mozzarella balls
- 3 basil leaves chopped
- Bring a pot of water to a boil. Add salt and your penne pasta. Cook as recommended on packaging.
- In a pan brown your sliced bacon over medium heat till crisp. Remove and place on a paper towel lined plate to drain.
- Remove any additional grease from your pan. Add your olive oil and better to the pan. Once butter melts add the flour and whisk till the flour is combined evenly.
- Slowly pour in the milk whisking quickly to combine. Add the garlic, basil, Parmesan cheese and tomato and let simmer a few minutes while the pasta finishes cooking.
- Add the drained pasta to the pan and mix to coat. Lower temperature to lowest setting and add the mozzarella balls. I tore mine in half, but you can do as you like.
- Add your fresh basil and serve.
I hope you and your family enjoy it as much as we did…
Here’s some other pasta dishes you’ll want to check out…
Now here’s 11 other AMAZING noodle recipes that you want to check out…
Don’t they look good….