Have you tried Skirt Steak? I love skirt steak for many reasons… it’s usually a great price… it marinades beautifully… and it’s quick to cook up! So today I’ve got my favorite Skirt Steak Marinade to share with you.
Skirt Steak Marinade
Likely you’ve got everything you need to whip up this marinade right now. If you’re not familiar with skirt steak it’s long, flat cut of meat. It is best if you marinade it and then cut it thinly after it cooks.
Olive oil, garlic, cilantro and other flavorful items go into this delicious marinade. I love to make up the marinade the night before I’m going to cook it and let it sit in the marinade overnight.
Pull your steak out of the fridge about 30 minutes prior to grilling to bring it up to room temperature.
Once your grill pan is heated up well at medium high it only takes about 2-4 minutes per side to have these delicious skirt steaks finished.
Here’s my favorite skirt steak marinade!
Easy weeknight dinner with this great skirt steak marinade. Makes a delicious and juicy steak.
- 2-3 pounds skirt steak
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 cup cilantro chopped
- juice of 1 lime
- Prepare marinade and submerge your skirt steak into the marinade.
- Place marinading steak into the fridge and keep it there for at least 6-8 hours, preferably overnight.
- Pull meat from fridge 30 minutes prior to grilling.
- Heat grill or grill pan to medium high heat.
- Grill 2-4 minutes per side.
- Let me rest 5-10 minutes prior to cutting.
- Cut the steak against the grain for the juicy steak!
Skirt steak needs to be cut against the grain for the juicy cut of meat. The steak is so full of flavor and so moist and juicy.
I hope you get a chance to try one of my favorite marinade and steak recipes soon.