Get the recipe for cheesy ground beef quesadillas. Flavorful ground beef with lots of cheese makes this quesadilla delicious!
We love quesadilla recipes in our family! I love them because they are quick and easy to make and a great way to use leftovers. If you’ve got leftover ground beef, this quesadilla is for you!
- ground beef
- flour tortillas
- garlic salt
- taco seasoning
How To Make Cheesy Ground Beef Quesadillas
If you have leftover ground beef you can taste it and see what level of seasoning you need. I like to use some garlic salt and taco seasoning for the flavors I’m going for. If you are cooking up your ground beef, I typically cook it up in a large skillet on medium heat.
I add the seasoning at the end of cooking. Once the beef is cooked you can remove it and put it into a bowl until you’re ready to use it. If you like ground turkey or ground chicken would be great substitutes. Also if you want to added heat to your meat you can sprinkle some red pepper flakes on to the beef.
I wipe out the pan and add some butter and turn the heat to medium-low. Once the butter melts I put in a flour tortilla.
I add some mexican blend cheese to one half of the quesadilla. You could use any type of melty cheese you like. Cheddar or monterey jack cheese would be delicious.
Then I add some of the ground beef filling to the top of the cheese.
Then finish with some more cheese before you fold the other side of the tortilla on top. You obviously can make a full size tortilla instead. You can finish with a sprinkle of fresh cilantro if you like.
What to Dip Your Quesadilla In
I’m one of those who likes her boring, plain quesadilla but if you like dipping here are some suggestions:
- sour cream
- pico de gallo
I love to make more than we need because leftover quesadillas are quick to heat up and eat on the go if needed. You can store them in an airtight container for 3-5 days in your refrigerator. I hope you love this beef quesadilla recipe too.
Cheesy Ground Beef Quesadilla
- frying pan
- ½ lb ground beef
- 4 flour tortillas
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 cups cheese I prefer Mexican cheese blend
- ½ tsp garlic salt
- 2 tsp taco seasoning
- Cook your ground beef in a frying pan over medium heat. Season with garlic salt and taco seasoning.
- Set aside cooked ground beef in a bowl, turn off burner, and and wipe out the pan with a paper towel.
- Add butter to the pan and turn it to medium. Once butter has melted, swirl the butter to coat the bottom of the pan. Add one flour tortilla to the butter.
- Add ¼ cup of cheese to one side of the tortilla. Add ¼ of the ground beef on top of the cheese.
- Add another ¼ cup of cheese on top of the ground beef. Fold the other side of the tortilla on top and press down with spatula.
- Cook for about 2 minutes per side. Flip and repeat on the other side.
- Repeat until you've made all your quesadillas.