Happy Monday friends! My house is filled with protein lovin’ meat eaters. In the morning before sending them out for the day I make sure to load them up with protein. These Ultimate Meat Lovers Egg Muffins are great as you can whip a batch over the weekend. They keep in the fridge well for a few days and you can freeze them too.
These egg muffins are made in a muffin tin.
You use a small sausage patty on the bottom and wrap around the outside edges a piece of bacon. I use thick bacon, but you could use regular as well.
Here’s the yummy, easy recipe…
Ultimate Meat Lovers Egg Muffins
- 6 small sausage patties
- 6 slices bacon
- 5 eggs scrambled
- 1/4 cup cheese
- Spray muffin tins with non-stick cooking spray. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place small sausage patty in the base of the muffin tin.
- Add bacon to the edges, having them overlap.
- Beat your eggs and pour into each of the muffin tins. Do not fill to the top of the muffin tin as the eggs will expand while cooking.
- Sprinkle the tops of the eggs with the shredded cheese.
- Bake at 350 for 25-35 minutes (depending on the thickness of the bacon).
- Let cool for a few minutes and then use a knife to loosen the edges to pop them out.
- Serve warm.
I love meal options that can be prepped ahead of time for the week. These make a great after school snack too. You can warm it up in the microwave for 20-30 seconds.
Thanks for stopping by friends… I hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving week filled with delicious food and sweet memories.