These Chai Sugar Cookies quickly became a family favorite. The warm spices in a Chai mix give this cookie all the feels of fall and the holidays. This cookie is super easy to make too with only 4 ingredients!
What is Chai?
If you aren’t familiar with chai, I highly recommend you try it if you love fall flavors. When I open a can of chai tea mix it smells like cinnamon and vanilla to me, but there are many more spice profiles in chai. Every chai recipe is slightly different, but here are some spices that you might see in your chai mix: black tea, ginger, cardamom, cinnamon, fennel, black pepper, cloves, star anise, coriander seeds, and peppercorns. Lots of intense flavors!
How to Make Chai Sugar Cookies
These are truly simple cookies with only 4 ingredients, perfect during the busy holiday months.
You start these easy cookies with a sugar cookie mix.
Then add a stick of softened butter.
And 1 egg.
Then the all-important chai drink mix.
Mix until it comes together.
Then you roll the cookies into 1″ balls and bake on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
After baking let them cool before drizzling with a chai icing.
Then you can serve or store in an air-tight container.
Chai Sugar Cookie
- 1 17.5 oz sugar cookie mix
- 1 stick butter softened
- 1 egg room temperature
- 1 cup chai drink mix
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tbsp milk
- 1 tsp chai drink mix
- Preheat your oven to 350° F. Prep a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Dump your sugar cookie mix into a mixing bowl.
- Add the softened butter.
- Crack and add the egg.
- Add your chai drink mix.
- Mix together on low to medium speed until the dough comes together.
- Roll the dough into 1" balls and place 2" apart on the parchment-lined cookie sheet.
- Bake in your preheated 350° oven for 9-10 minutes. Remove and cool on cookie sheet for 2-3 minutes before placing on a cooling rack for another 10 minutes.
- Mix together the powdered sugar and milk and it is smooth.
- Add the chai drink mix and stir until combined.
- Drizzle with a fork over the cooled cookies.
I hope you get a chance to make these delicious and easy Chai Sugar Cookies soon!