With cooler weather coming this 3 Bean Chicken Chili Recipe will soon be a favorite in your home. This chili has beans of course, plus chicken, green chili, garlic, onions and more! This is the perfect recipe to warm you up on a chilly night.
Check out this great chili recipe!
3 Bean Chicken Chili RecipePrint Recipe
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 cups cubed boneless chicken I used thighs
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 whole onion chopped
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 2 cans green chili
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- ½ teaspoon salt or to taste
- ¼ teaspoon white pepper
- 1 15 oz can of Great Northern Beans drained and rinsed
- 1 15 oz can of Navy Beans drained and rinsed
- 1 14 oz can of cannelloni beans drained and rinsed
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons masa
- Monterey Jack Cheese and/or Queso Fresco crumbled
- Sour cream
- 1. In a bowl season chicken with garlic powder, 1 teaspoon of salt, ½ teaspoon of black pepper. In a 6-quart Dutch oven heat oil over medium-high heat, add in chicken, brown slightly, lower heat to medium, cover and cook for 20-25 minutes, or until chicken has cooked, if desired add in a tablespoon of water. Once the chicken is cooked, remove from the pot.
- 2. Raise heat to medium-high and saute onions for 2 minutes, add in minced garlic and cook an additional 30 seconds. Add chopped chili's, broth, and seasonings. Mix well, add in chicken again. Cook for 30 minutes.
- 3. In a small bowl, whisk together milk and masa. After the 30 minutes, lower the heat to medium-low and add in milk and masa mixture, mix. Cook for an additional five minutes and add in the beans. Continue cooking for five minutes to heat the beans through (you can leave it in longer, but then the beans begin to break down).
- 4. Serve and garnish with cilantro, cheese, and sour cream -if desired.
Other Comfort Foods:
Other Chili Recipes: