Happy Friday Friends! Apples… love apple desserts! Especially this time of the year. There’s just something about apples and autumn. There’s just something so comforting about it. Today’s recipe was an idea I had while making one of my kid’s favorite treats… cinnamon sugar tortillas. It’s just kicked up a fall notch!
Apple Cinnamon Chimi
This dessert is so easy and tastes delicious too!
I’m a firm believer that apple desserts need vanilla ice cream and caramel sauce… right?
This recipe can easily be changed up with other pie fillings too… cherry, lemon… so many options!
Here’s the easy recipe….
A great apple dessert and easy to make.
- 6 flour tortillas
- 6 teaspoons butter
- 6 teaspoons cinnamon sugar
- 1 can of apple pie filling
- Put 1 teaspoon of butter in a skillet and melt over medium heat.
- Add 1 flour tortilla and cook until lightly browned on each side.
- Remove tortilla and immediately sprinkle one side of tortilla with 1 teaspoon of cinnamon sugar.
- Scoop 2 heaping tablespoons of apple pie filling onto the center of the cinnamon sugar tortilla.
- Fold in the top and bottom of the tortilla and then fold in the sides to create your wrap.
- Repeat Steps 1 -5 for the remaining 5 tortillas.
- Place on a cookie sheet and bake at 350 for 12 minutes. Serve immediately while warm. Optionally serve with vanilla ice cream and drizzle with caramel sauce.
Thanks for stopping by friends! Have a wonderful weekend.