We’re just weeks away from Thanksgiving and all those delicious dishes! If you’re hosting Thanksgiving or even if you’re just bringing a few dishes, planning ahead makes a HUGE difference. One of my most requested dishes in my Corn Casserole and this year I’m changing it up by adding some bacon. So I’m sharing my Corn Casserole with Bacon and how you can make it ahead of time and storage it in a Hefty Slider Bag.
Corn Casserole with Bacon
This recipe preps great a couple days ahead… which saves so much time the day of… which means spending more time with loved ones!
So gather your ingredients….
A favorite for Thanksgiving in our home. This Corn Casserole with Bacon is full of corn flavor.
- 1 can cream style corn
- 1 can whole kernel corn
- 1 box Jiffy Corn Muffin mix
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 egg
- 6 ounces bacon sliced bite sized and cooked to your crisp preference
- 1 stick of butter
- Combine the 2 cans of corn, corn muffin mix, sour cream and egg. I used the gallon sized bag to mix and storage this until ready.
- When ready to eat, place stick of butter in casserole dish and preheat in oven at 350. Butter will be melted when it's preheated.
- Pour corn casserole mixture into the buttered casserole dish. Bake for 20 minutes.
- While baking crisp up your slices of bacon (this can be done in advance to).
- After 20 minutes of baking at the bite sized crisp bacon to the corn casserole and bake 10 more minutes.
- Serve warm. It's delicious cold too and reheats nicely!
If you love corn you will love this dish.
Here’s a great guideline for Thanksgiving Prep from Hefty!!