Corn Casserole Recipe is a holiday favorite! It goes wonderfully with turkey or ham and it’s super easy to make!
Corn Casserole Recipe Prep Ahead of Time
I love that you can prep the corn casserole ahead of time. Thanksgiving, Christmas, and Easter are always so busy that any prepping you can do ahead of time is a winner in my book. You can mix together everything other than the butter in a bowl, place plastic wrap on top, and keep it in the fridge until you are ready to bake it up. You can prep it up to two days prior to baking the casserole.
For a holiday gathering, I typically double this recipe. You don’t need to double the butter though.
- 1 package Jiffy corn muffin mix
- 1 can cream-style corn
- 1 can whole kernel corn slightly drained
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 1 egg
- 1 stick of butter
- Preheat oven to 350. In a 9x13 pan, place the stick of butter and place in oven as it preheats. This will melt the butter.
- In a bowl combine the corn muffin mix, cans of corn, sour cream, and egg.
- Once the oven has preheated, and butter has melted, pour the mixture into the hot pan of melted butter. Use a spoon to mix the melted butter into the mixture.
- Bake for 30 minutes, or until the center is firm and the edges are browned.
- Serve warm or room temperature.
This is the ultimate holiday side dish and I think you and your family will love it as much as we do. Here is another version I make with bacon: Corn Casserole with Bacon
Other Great Holiday Recipes
- Mini Pumpkin Spice Cakes with Cinnamon Cream Cheese Icing
- Pumpkin Spice Monkey Bread
- Apple Cinnamon Cream Cheese Galette