Have you had pumpkin risotto before? Risotto is an Italian rice that is cooked slowly, while gradually adding liquids causing the rice to plump up gloriously to create this creamy, delicious side dish. This Creamy Pumpkin Risotto with Parmesan and Applewood Bacon is great anytime but it’s perfect for fall and even for your Thanksgiving spread.
Risotto takes some babysitting. It’s not a leave and let be recipe, but it’s so worth it. How amazing does that look!
Risotto is something you can put your own spill on but this one with the mix of comfort food elements is perfect for a fall side dish.
This is a great fall side dish! This Creamy Pumpkin Risotto with Parmesan cheese and Applewood Bacon is SO good.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 white onion finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 4 slices bacon chopped into bite size pieces
- 1 cup arborio rice
- 4 cup hot chicken broth
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese grated
- pepper add to taste if desired
- Add olive oil to a large sauce pan. Add chopped bacon and saute over medium heat until bacon is 1/2 way cooked. Then add chopped onion and cook till translucent. Continue to stir during this process.
- Add minced garlic. Stir to combine. Add rice and stir. Let rice cook a minute until it absorbs the oil/flavors.
- Add 1 cup of hot chicken broth to the rice. Stir until the broth is absorbed by the rice then add another cup of stock.
- Repeat step 3 until all the broth has been absorbed.
- Add pumpkin puree and cheese. Stir until pumpkin puree is combined and cheese has melted.
- Add pepper if desired and serve hot.