Get ready to embark on a taste bud adventure with this culinary creation – Iced Gingerbread Kettle Corn! It’s a crunch popcorn treat that has a great sweetness but with all those warm spices that come with gingerbread!
I’m sharing a great recipe that’s perfect for snacking on while watching your favorite Christmas movie, bring to a Christmas party or giving as a gift to your neighbors or friends.
Making Kettle Corn Style Gingerbread Popcorn
You can whip up a batch of this Iced Gingerbread Kettle Corn in less than 20 minutes… which I love this time of year!
Pop It Up:
Place your popcorn kernels in a large brown paper bag and cook in your microwave with the popcorn setting until they’ve popped.
Spice It Right:
- In a separate saucepan, melt the butter and stir in the sugar, molasses, corn syrup, ginger, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt.
- Let it bubble and blend for about 5 minutes, creating a fragrant gingerbread syrup.
Drizzle the delicious gingerbread syrup over the popcorn.
Now comes the cool twist! Spread the gingerbread kettle corn on a baking sheet and let it cool for a few minutes.
Finish your popcorn with an icing drizzle topping for that added sweetness.
Iced Gingerbread Kettle Corn
- 8 cups popped popcorn ⅓ cup popcorn kernels makes 8 cups popped
- 1 cup butter
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 1/3 cup dark corn syrup
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- Pop your popcorn. I used white corn kernels and popped them in a brown paper bag in the microwave using the popcorn setting.
- Add the other gingerbread kettle corn ingredients to a sauce pan and heat over medium heat, stirring constantly. Bring to a boil and continue to stir, letting it boil for 5 minutes.
- Pour the popped popcorn into a bowl, then pour the gingerbread sauce over the popped corn, drizzling slowly as your mix the popcorn.
- Pour kettle corn onto wax paper or parchment paper and allow it to cool.
- In a small bowl mix together the milk and powdered sugar.
- Once kettle corn is cooled, drizzling icing on top of kettle corn.
Why We Love It:
This recipe is a showstopper at holiday gatherings, movie nights, or just when you need a little pick-me-up. The contrast of the warm gingerbread spices against sweet icing makes for a unique and unforgettable snacking experience.
Experiment with different spice levels to suit your taste, and don’t be afraid to add a drizzle of chocolate or caramel for an extra indulgent touch!
So, there you have it – our Iced Gingerbread Kettle Corn recipe that’s bound to become a favorite in your snack arsenal. It’s a flavor rollercoaster that’ll have you coming back for more.
I hope you guys enjoy this recipe and make sure to check out the other great Christmas decor, recipes and more below…