Are you a peanut butter lover? I adore peanut butter! Peanut butter milkshakes, peanut butter with apples, peanut butter smoothies… even just peanut butter on a spoon. So it’s not shocking that one of my favorite cookies to make involves peanut butter. And I love bar cookies! I like that they are thicker, which usually mean softer and chewier… oh and they are so much quicker to make! So today I’m sharing with you my Ultimate Peanut Butter Cookie Bar.
I love bringing these to Christmas gatherings because it’s something different than the usual. Today I’m part of a week long Christmas Cookie Exchange. At the end of this post you can find links to all the other awesome blogs participating… time to load up on some great new cookies recipes.
And here’s the Ultimate Peanut Butter Cookie Bar Recipe….
The Ultimate Peanut Butter Cookie Bars
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/3 cup peanut butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups flour
- 1 bag of peanut butter chips
- Cream the butter, peanut butter and sugars until creamy and well mixed, approximately 5 minutes.
- Add the eggs and blend till combined.
- Add the baking powder and salt and mix till combined. Then add flour and mix till just combined.
- Add the bag of peanut butter chips and mix on slow till evenly dispersed.
- Put your cookie batter into a 9x13 buttered dish and bake at 350 for 35-40 minutes.
Please visit the following blogs to see what cookies
they have “brought” to the Christmas Cookie Exchange…
Monday, Dec. 9th
Tuesday, Dec. 10th
Wednesday, Dec. 11th
Thursday, Dec. 12th
Friday, Dec. 13th