Calling all fellow peanut butter lovers! I adore peanut butter, probably more than I should. I love it on apples, in smoothies and even on a spoon. So today on National Peanut Butter Day I’ve got a delicious recipe to share with you… my Ultimate Skillet Peanut Butter Cookie!
Skillet Peanut Butter Cookie
My-oh-my! Is there anything better than a hot peanut butter cookie with vanilla ice cream on top?
Yep… a hot skillet peanut butter cookie with vanilla ice cream and peanut butter syrup on top! It’s amazing friends!
I love pizookies from my favorite pizza place, but they are fun to make your own deep dish cookies at home too. (affiliate links for your convenience)
I like using the 6.5″ mini skillets – perfect for sharing!
Here’s this delicious recipe for National Peanut Butter Day!
Ultimate Skillet Peanut Butter Cookie
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/3 cup peanut butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups flour
- 1 bag of peanut butter chips
- Cream together the butter, peanut butter and sugars until creamy (about 5 minutes).
- Add the eggs and vanilla. Mix until combined.
- Add baking powder and salt, mix again. Then add flour, mix and make sure it's combined well.
- Add peanut butter chips and mix them in.
- Fill 4 mini skillets with the batter. Bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes.
- Serve warm with vanilla ice cream.
To make the peanut butter syrup you just melt some peanut butter in the microwave. Have you tried it? Put a couple tablespoons of peanut butter in a glass measuring cup and microwave for about 20 seconds and stir.
When you pour it on top of the ice cream it hardens, almost like a peanut butter shell over the ice cream… amazing friends!
So Happy National Peanut Butter Day to all my fellow peanut butter lovers! Here’s some other great recipes you’ll want to check out: