I love ice cream, especially during the heat of the summer. But when you’re trying to eat healthier here’s a great option, Chocolate Peanut Butter Nice Cream – a healthier ice cream option!
Chocolate Peanut Butter Nice Cream
It’s creamy, refreshing and packed full of delicious chocolate, peanut butter flavor.
We almost always have frozen bananas for smoothies. I find it easiest to cut or break them into chunks prior to freezing.
Chocolate Peanut Butter Nice CreamPrint Recipe
- 2.5 frozen bananas chopped (about 3 cups)
- 3 ice cubes
- 1/4 cup cacao/coco powder
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter + 1 tablespoon for mixing
- 3 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons almond milk
- Get everything ready and chop the frozen bananas into chunks to make it easier on your blender. (I like to freeze them already broken into chunks for making smoothies)
- Place the bananas into the blender or food processor followed by the remaining ingredients (reserving one tablespoon of peanut butter)
- Blend until combined. If using a blender you will need to use a tamper to blend the mixture as it will be thick. If using a food processor you may need to stop and scrape down the sides.
- Blend until thick and combined. Use a spatula to place mixture into a large bowl.
- Stir in the remaining peanut butter for a swirl look.
- Divide into two bowls and enjoy!
If you love peanut butter you’ll want to check these recipes out…