These Oatmeal Cups with Yogurt and Fruit are so perfect for the upcoming brunch season. They are perfect for Easter, Mother’s Day, baby showers, wedding showers, or any party. Who doesn’t love yogurt with oatmeal cups topped with some delicious fresh berries? These baked oatmeal cups can easily be made in advance.Jump to Recipe
This is an easy recipe that’s healthy for you too! There’s no sugar added and it even has chia seeds in it!
Oatmeal Cup Ingredients:
- quick oats
- applesauce (cinnamon applesauce is a delicious option)
- chai seeds
How Do You Make Oatmeal Cups?
You won’t believe how easy these yogurt cups are to make.
Start by putting the quick oats, applesauce, honey, chia seeds, ground cinnamon, and salt into a large bowl. Mix it to combine. Then evenly divide the mixture between 6 muffin cups in your muffin pan that has been sprayed with nonstick spray. Press the mixture into each tin, forming the cup shape.
If you wanted you could switch the honey for pure maple syrup. If you wanted additional protein, you could add a scoop of vanilla protein powder. You would need to up your applesauce to a third of a cup. You could also add a splash of vanilla extract to the mixture.
Then bake in a preheated oven. Let them cool a few minutes in the pan before removing them to cool completely. You can make these oatmeal cups the day before and just keep them in an airtight container at room temperature until you need to use them.
Oatmeal Cups with Yogurt and Fruit
- 1 1/4 cups quick cooking oats
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds can be left out
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Add the oats, applesauce, honey, chia seeds, cinnamon and salt to a bowl and mix until combined.
- Spray muffin tins with cooking spray.
- Evenly disperse the mixture in 6 muffin tins.
- Use your fingers or a spoon to press the mixture into the sides and base of the muffin tin.
- Bake for 12-13 minutes.
- Let it cool in the muffin tin for about 10 minutes before using a butter knife to remove the oatmeal cups.
- Let the cups cool completely before filling with yogurt and fruits.
Aren’t they pretty? You could create a brunch bar setup with these varieties of yogurt and fresh fruit. People can make their own by filling yogurt in oatmeal cups and topping it with their favorite fruits, nuts, etc. Wouldn’t that be fun at a shower or for Mother’s Day?
Combo Flavor Ideas:
- peanut butter and bananas (or any nut butter)
- blueberry yogurt and fresh blueberries
- strawberry yogurt and fresh strawberries
- strawberry yogurt and bananas
- strawberry yogurt and mini chocolate chips
- vanilla yogurt with maple syrup
I hope you get a chance to try these homemade oatmeal cups soon!