These Candy Cane Brownie Bites don’t last long and they are perfect for any party. Who doesn’t love a minty candy cane and brownie combo? Candy cane brownie bites are the ultimate Christmas treat: chocolate brownies with red and white candy cane stripes. Find out how to make them at home here.
Picture this: mini brownies, baked to perfection in a mini muffin pan, crowned with a festive Candy Cane Kiss candy on top. Let’s dive into the joyous world of these bite-sized wonders.
- boxed brownie mix
- ingredients as needed to brownie mix: usually eggs, oil, and water
- Candy Cane Hershey Kisses
Mix Up Your Batter
These are crazy easy to make. Just whip up a batch of your favorite brownie box mix (see I told you – easy peasy) and spoon the brownie batter into a mini cupcake tin that you’ve sprayed well with non-stick spray.
Add the Candy Cane Kiss
As soon as they come out of the oven gently press a candy cane kiss into the top to create your candy cane kiss brownie bites! The base of the kiss will melt a little bit sticking it to the brownie bite.
I let mine cool about another 10-15 minutes and then drizzled them with a little icing. Just mix a little powdered sugar (about a tablespoon) with a couple drops of water or milk and mix together with a fork. Then use the fork to drizzle on the icing.
The perfect bite-sized Christmas treat!
- If you want more mint flavor, you could add 1 tsp of peppermint extract to the brownie batter before you put them in the muffin tins to bake
- Sprinkles: you could add some festive Christmas sprinkles on top right after you drizzle the icing
- Crushed Candy Canes: You could mix some crushed candy canes into the brownie mix before baking for some additional texture and flavor
Candy Cane Brownie Bites
- mini muffin pan mini cupcake pan
- 1 brownie mix
- eggs as directed on brownie mix
- oil or melted butter as directed on brownie mix
- water as directed on brownie mix
- 24 Candy Cane Hershey Kiss Candies
- Preheat the oven to 350℉. Spray your mini muffin pan with nonstick cooking spray or butter.
- In a bowl, make up your brownie batter as directed on your brownie box mix. Stir until smooth.
- Scoop the brownie batter into the mini muffin tins, filling ¾ full.
- Bake for about 15 minutes until it's set and the edges are a little crisp.
- When you remove the brownie bites from the oven, immediately place a candy cane kiss in the center of each brownie bite. Gently press.
- Let the brownie bites sit in the pan for 10 min.
- Then use a knife to loosen around the edge of each tin and lift each Candy Cane Brownie Bite out. While it’s cooling the candy cane kiss will just slightly melt… so good! Let them sit on a cooling rack for another 15 minutes before enjoying.