Easy Caramel Apple Poke Cake Recipe
This recipe for caramel apple poke cake is a fun dessert that’s easy to make. Perfect to enjoy during the fall season!
I love this cake recipe because it is super easy to make, moist, delicious, and full of flavor.
- spice cake mix & ingredients to make cake according to the mix
- apple pie filling
- whipped topping
- caramel sauce
How to Make Caramel Apple Poke Cake
The first step is to make up the spice cake mix. Follow the directions on the box, and bake it in a 9″x13″ pan. Spice cake mix is great because it has all those fall flavors like cinnamon, nutmeg, and ginger.
Once the cake is done you want to let it cool 30 minutes before you poke holes on the top of the cake. I like to use the end of a wooden spoon to create the holes but you can also use an oversized, serving fork to create the holes if you prefer.
You can see in the picture how many holes I created. Basically you want a hole for each serving.
In a food processor or blender, add the apple pie filling. You want to pulse it until it makes the apple pie filling a smooth consistency.
Pour the pureed apple pie filling over the top of the cake. Use a spatula to spread it over the top and into the holes that you created.
Place the cake into the fridge for at least 2 hours to chill.
When ready to serve scoop the cool whip on top and spread to cover the top of the cake. If you prefer whipped cream you could definitely use that instead.
Then drizzle the caramel sauce all over the top of the cake.
When I serve up the Caramel Apple Poke Cake I like to add some additional caramel after I’ve cut a slice from the baking dish.
Caramel Apple Poke Cake
- 1 Spice Cake Mix
- oil as directed on cake mix
- water as directed on cake mix
- eggs as directed on cake mix
- 21 ounce Apple Pie Filling
- 8 ounces whipped topping
- ½ cup caramel sauce
- Prepare and baking spice cake mix as directed on the cake mix packaging. Allow to cool 30 minutes before proceeding.
- After the cake has cooled 30 minutes, use the end of a wooden spoon to make holes in the top of the cake. Press the spoon about 2/3 to 3/4 down into the cake.
- Place the apple pie filling in a food processor or blender. Pulse until it is smooth.
- Pour the apple pie filling over the cake. Spread the filling over evenly and into the holes.
- Place the cake into a refrigerator for at least 2 hours. Remove when ready to serve.
- When ready to serve, take the whipped topping and spread it evenly on top of the cake.
- Then take the caramel sauce and drizzle on top of the cake.