Chipotle Salsa is a regular for this salsa loving family. Have salsa is a regular snack for our family and during the summer the kiddos will eat it for lunch too. If you love some warm heat then you will want to try this salsa recipe.
This makes a large batch but you can easily cut this recipe in half. We also like our salsa pretty thin, like restaurant salsa, so you can keep this chunkier if you like.
A great restaurant style salsa with that great warm, chipotle heat.
- 3 lbs Roma tomatoes
- 1/2 bunch of cilantro about 1 cup roughly chopped
- 4-6 jalepenos we keep the seeds since we like the heat
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 small can of chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- Chop your tomatoes into chunks and place in a food processor with the lime juice.
- Pulse 5-7 times to start the breaking down.
- Cut your jalepenos into 1 inch chunks and add to food processor.
- Add cilantro, garlic, salt, cumin and chipotle with sauce in the food processor.
- Pulse until you get the consistency you desire.
- We like our salsa very thin, so I pulse for about 20-30 seconds.
- The salsa can be refrigerated for 1-2 weeks.
I hope you have a chance to try this great salsa recipe which makes a great appetizer.
If you like this Chipotle Salsa you’ll want to check these out…