Pizza Fries are the ultimate appetizer! I’m a pizza lover! I could eat pizza every single day of my life. I’ve created pizza on so many things over the years, so why not french fries! Pizza Fries are the perfect dish to enjoy while watching some football in the coming months… but it’s also filling enough to be a meal or an appetizer depending on how much you eat. The concept is that the french fries are taking the place of the pizza crust.
Pizza Fries Ingredients
You can’t go wrong with fries loaded up with marinara sauce, melted cheese, and the toppings you love! Here is what I used to make my delicious pizza fries.
- bag of frozen French fries – I used my favorite tried and true thick, potato wedge French fries. You could use thin cut fries or even waffles fries though.
- marinara sauce – a great, simple marinara sauce. I used a basic with basil and garlic. You could also used jarred pizza sauce.
- mozzarella cheese – great quality mozzarella cheese
- pepperoni – I used regular pepperonis but a combo or regular and mini pepperoni slices would be great.
I put the frozen fries that I had purchased at the grocery store into a preheated oven. They were seasoned wedge fries, but any type you love will work. You could, of course, make them homemade and either do baked fries or fry them. You want to make sure they are good and crisp though so they can survive the marinara sauce. Here is my favorite homemade potato wedge recipe!
Once I pulled them out of the oven I drizzled the marinara sauce on top of the fries.
Then load it up with grated mozzarella cheese and your favorite pizza toppings… we went with pepperoni. Next time I’m definitely trying Hawaiian Pizza Fries. How amazing would fries be loaded with cheese, ham, and pineapple?
Place on the lowest shelf in your oven and broil for 5-10 minutes till the cheese is bubbling and starting to brown.
Add some toppings!
Your options are endless when it comes to Pizza Fries! Here are some ideas:
- peppers, red bell peppers and green bell pepper
- black olives
- the option are limited to your imagination
Pepperoni and Cheese Pizza Fries
- 1 bag frozen french fries or make your own homemade wedges
- 8 ounces marinara sauce I like a simple tomato and garlic one
- 2 cups grated mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup pepperoni more or less to your liking
- Preheat the oven according to the frozen french fries bag direction.
- Spread out the frozen french fries on a cookie sheet and cook as directed until they are crisp. (you want them crisp so they don't get soggy with the marinara sauce)
- Once the fries are crisp, layer them in the base of a cast-iron skillet or pan.
- Set your oven to broil so it can start to heat while you finish prepping.
- Pour the marinara sauce over the fries.
- Sprinkle the grated mozzarella cheese on top of the fries.
- Finish with the pepperoni.
- Put the pan back in your oven set to broil on the lower shelf. Broil for about 8-10 minutes, just until the cheese has melted and is just starting to brown.
- Serve hot!
Other Fry Recipes to Try!
Anyone a pizza lover too?
If you’re a cheese lover you’ll want to check out these posts:
Thanks for stopping by friends!