These Crispy Air Fryer Chicken Thighs come out moist, juicy, with a crisp exterior. A perfect party appetizer or meal. Quick and easy to make!
We love making chicken wings and chicken thighs in our air fryer. It’s quick and easy and in the heat of summer I don’t need to turn on my oven. When you cook chicken thighs in an air fryer you get a great crispy skin without frying in oil.
Ingredients For Crispy Air Fryer Chicken Thighs
- bone-in chicken thighs
- spicy rub
- smoked paprika
- chicken seasoning salt
- Lawry’s seasoning salt
- chili powder
- rotisserie chicken seasoning
- cajun seasoning
- lemon pepper
The spicy rub recipe definitely has a little kick to it. You can modify with less chili powder and cajun seasoning to lower the heat. We keep this rub on hand at all times and is great on all chicken.
Air Fryer Products I LOVE
Affiliate links are provided for your convenience.
Making Air Fryer Chicken Thighs
You can see my favorite air fryer products above. I love using the air fryer parchment paper! They sell it in different sizes so you can find one that fits your air fryer. It makes clean up so much easier! Just makes sure you don’t put the paper in while your air fryer is preheating. The air will blow the paper up the heating element – no good!
Start by preheating your air fryer. Once it comes to temp add the paper (if you have it) or spray the bottom of the air fryer with nonstick cooking spray. Then place chicken thighs into the air fryer basket. I start with the chicken thighs skin side up so the air fry can get a nice crisp skin on the thighs. Sprinkle with the seasoning above or use your favorite spices and seasoning.
Push the basket in and then half way through flip the chicken thighs, seasoning that side before putting back in to finish cooking.
Once they have finished cooking insert a meat thermometer to check the temp. You want the internal temperature to be at least 165 degrees. If the thighs are really big they may need a few more minutes.
Let the crispy chicken thighs rest 5 minutes before serving. Leftovers can be stored in an airtight container for up to 5 days. For reheating we usually just microwave for 1 minute at 50% power. Add another 30 seconds if needed.
Beautiful crisp skin and juice inside – the perfect chicken thigh.
Crispy Air Fryer Chicken Thighs
- air fryer
- 4 chicken thighs bone-in
- spicy rub link above
- Preheat your air fryer to 380° F. Set cook time for 24 minutes with turn notification if your air fryer has that option.
- While your air fryer is preheating, prep your rub.
- Once the air fryer is preheated add the parchment paper or spray with nonstick cooking spray.
- Place chicken skin side up in air fryer. Sprinkle with seasoning rub on top of chicken. Cook 12 minutes.
- Then flip the chicken thighs and add seasoning to that side. Cook for another 12 minutes.
- Check that the internal chicken temperature is at least 165° F.
- Let chicken rest 5 minutes before serving.