This banana bread with crumb topping is a recipe from my Grandma’s friend, Eleanor. It is a great banana bread recipe. It’s moist and full of banana flavor. I added the crumb topping because I love a little crunch on my banana bread.Jump to Recipe
This is an easy recipe too, just takes minutes to put together!
Banana Bread with Crumb Topping
- loaf pan
- ½ cup oil canola
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3 bananas the more ripe the better
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ¼ cup flour
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ¼ tsp ground cinnamon
- 3 tbsp butter cold and cut into cubes
- Preheat your oven to 350°. Spray a loaf pan with nonstick spray or grease with butter.
- In a mixing bowl, add the oil, sugar, eggs, vanilla, and bananas. Mix until creamed together well.
- In a separate bowl, add the flour, baking soda, and salt. Whisk until combined.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients to the mixer bowl on a low speed.
- Add the batter to the greased loaf pan.
- In a bowl, add the flour, brown sugar, ground cinnamon, and cubed butter. Use a pastry cutter or a fork to break down the butter pieces until they are pea-sized.
- Sprinkle the crumb topping on top of the banana bread batter.
- Bake your bread for about 1 hour. Check at an hour if a toothpick inserted in the center of the bread comes out clean. If still sticking, add 5 more minutes and check again.
The smell of fresh-baked bread is such a comforting smell. SO if you’ve got some bananas that need to be used, this banana bread with crumb topping is perfect for you!
Other Bread Recipes