Easy Homemade Cheesy Garlic Breadsticks
If you love garlic bread, then you’ll love this recipe for Homemade Cheesy Garlic Breadsticks! This easy breadsticks recipe is perfect for dipping.
Breadsticks are a great side dish for any pasta recipe, I personally love them as an afternoon snack too. These have yummy garlic plus cheese, making them such a delicious breadstick.
- pizza dough
- melted butter
- mozzarella cheese
- Parmesan cheese
Roll Out The Dough
This recipe is so easy because you use refrigerated, canned pizza dough. You know the one that’s over with the canned biscuits and cookie dough. Yep, that one! So you grab a baking sheet and put some parchment paper on it. Then unroll the pizza dough on top of the parchment paper. If you want to be fancy you can find my favorite pizza dough recipe here: Pizza Dough. It really does make the best pizza crust!
Make The Garlic Butter
In a microwave-safe small bowl melt the butter. Then add the minced garlic and basil to the melted butter and stir. If you don’t have minced garlic on hand, you can add 1 teaspoon of garlic powder instead. If you wanted to add other herbs, now would be the time to add them to the melted butter. Oregano would be delicious too.
Then brush the garlic butter over the top of the pizza dough.
Then use a pizza cutter to cut the pizza dough into 10 slices.
Add the Cheese
Now sprinkle the mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses over the dough.
Then bake until golden brown and the cheese has melted. After removing them from the oven I like to reslice with the pizza cutter before they start to cool to help separate the cheese.
Cheesy Garlic Breadsticks
- baking sheet
- 1 tube refrigerated pizza crust
- ¾ cup mozzarella cheese shredded
- 1 tbsp Parmesan cheese grated
- 4 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp garlic minced
- 1 tsp basil
- marinara sauce for dipping
- Preheat the oven to 450° F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Roll out the pizza dough on top of the parchment paper.
- In a bowl, melt the butter. Mix in the minced garlic.
- Brush the garlic butter over the pizza dough.
- Use a pizza cutter or knife and slice the dough into 10 pieces.
- Sprinkle the cheeses on top of the dough.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes until cheese is completely melted.
- After removing from the oven, slice through the cuts around to make sure they are separate as they cool.
What To Serve With Homemade Cheesy Garlic Breadsticks
My favorite sidekick to these breadsticks is some warm marinara sauce, but pizza sauce works great too. Breadsticks are great as an appetizer, to serve with soup and salad, or just as an afternoon snack. Warm cheesy bread is great anytime in my opinion. These bread sticks are so easy that you can make them any time you want.