Creamy Tortellini Pasta Garlic Basil Sauce is an easy pasta dish you can put together in under 20 minutes!!! Yep! Just what we all need on busy weeknights… can I get an amen?
Creamy Tortellini Pasta
Quick, easy & yummy – those are my 3 favorite words for weeknight dinners! This pasta dish has a delicious, creamy garlic, basil sauce that you seriously just want to lick up every last drop.
Doesn’t that just look SO GOOD!!! Ok, let’s get to the recipe!
Creamy Tortellini Pasta with Garlic Basil Sauce
- Package of Fresh Tortellini I used a 3 cheese - serving size 2-3
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 5-6 basil leaves chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- fresh basil to garnish if desired
- Bring a pot of water to a boil, add fettuccine and cook as directed on package.
- Meanwhile, add butter to a skillet. Turn heat to medium and melt butter.
- Once butter has melted add flour. Stir with a whisk until the flour and butter have combined (it will be very thick) Continue stirring for about 30 seconds.
- Add the milk (I use whole milk, but anything other than nonfat will work). Continue to whisk. With a ladle add 2 ladles of your boiling pasta water to the skillet (approximately 1/2 cup).
- Add your minced garlic and chopped basil to the skillet. Stir until combined.
- Turn the heat to low and stir occasionally until the pasta is cooked.
- Add pasta to the sauce. Stir and then serve hot with basil garnish.
I hope you get a chance to try my latest pasta dish! If you love this one, you’ll want to check these out…