Lasagna Garlic Bread Bowls are a fun twist on traditional lasagna. They are individually sized carb bowls filled with all that lasagna goodness. I think these are a great idea for parties, showers, family get-togethers, etc. I love that portions are already figured out, so if you know how many you need to serve, it’s easy to plan ahead. Another creative lasagna option are my Creamy Pesto Sauce Chicken Lasagna Rollups with Garlic Basil Sauce.
Lasagna Garlic Bread Bowl
These Lasagna Garlic Bread Bowls are hearty and easily make a meal on its own or is perfectly paired with a salad. I love that a lot of the prep can be done in advance.
How to Make Lasagna Garlic Bread Bowl
Prep the lasagna noodles as directed on the box.
Brown the Italian sausage and then add the pasta sauce to the browned meat.
In a mixing bowl, add Parmesan cheese, ricotta cheese, and an egg. Mix until they’re thoroughly combined.
Cut the tops off the Italian rolls. With your fingers pressed the bread into the bottom and sides to hollow out a space for your lasagna filling. Brush with melted butter, garlic, and salt.
Lay a lasagna noodle inside the roll. Add the ricotta cheese mixture on top of the lasagna noodle.
Fold the pasta over the cheese, add ¼ cup meat sauce and fold the rest of the noodle over the top. Top the bowl with a slice of mozzarella cheese.
Repeat until all 12 rolls are finished. Wrap each roll in aluminum foil and bake.
Look at that cheesy goodness!!!
And the inside is filled with all lasagna goodness you love – Italian sausage, ricotta cheese, parmesan cheese, noodle and of course sauce.
Lasagna Garlic Bread Bowls
- 12 large Italian rolls
- 12 tbsp melted butter
- 2 tbsp minced garlic
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 12 lasagna noodles
- 8 ounces shredded Parmesan cheese
- 15 ounces ricotta cheese
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 lb Italian sausage
- 1 jar pasta sauce
- 1 lb mozzarella cheese sliced into 12 equal slices
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Prepare 12 lasagna noodles according to the package.
- Brown the Italian sausage over medium-high heat. The add pasta sauce and mix until combined.
- In a mixing bowl, add the Parmesan cheese, ricotta cheese, and eggs. Mix until thoroughly combined.
- Cut the very top off of the Italian rolls. Using your fingers, press the bread insides into the bottom and sides of the roll, until you have space for your lasagna layers.
- Add garlic and salt to your melted butter and brush into each bread bowl.
- Keeping the lasagna noodle whole, place part of the noodle in the bottom of the bread bowl. And a scoop of ricotta cheese mixture on top. Fold the pasta noodle over the cheese, add ¼ cup meat sauce, and fold the rest of the lasagna noodle over the top. Top the bread bowl with a slice of mozzarella cheese.
- Repeat with all 12 bread bowls. Then wrap each bread bowl with aluminum foil.
- Bake for 35 minutes. Carefully unwrap from foil and serve hot.