Fellow pesto lovers I’ve got another great recipe for you! This recipe combines two of my loves… pizza and pesto into a delicious spin of Pesto Pizza.
I love pizza… I mean I could eat it almost every day and not get sick of it. But a little variety is good, right. So why not replace your pizza sauce with pesto sauce?
I made my favorite pizza dough up and once it had risen I got to work.
Do you use a pizza stone for making homemade pizza? I do and LOVE them! We make pizza every week, so our stone has gotten a LOT of use over the past 15 years and it’s still going strong.
After rolling out the dough I spread some pesto sauce on it.
I kept it simple with just some mozzerella cheese and some Italian tomatoes.
I finished up with some dried basil and baked it off… yummers!
A great alternative to marinara on a pizza is pesto sauce. Here's how I make my pesto pizza!
- Favorite Pizza Dough
- Pesto Sauce
- Mozzarella cheese
- Italian Tomatoes I get mine in a can - already seasoned and delicious
- Dried basil
- Preheat your oven with your pizza stone at 400 degrees.
- Roll out your favorite pizza dough and place on your hot pizza stone.
- Spread the pesto sauce on top of the dough.
- Sprinkle your grated mozzarella cheese on top and finish with the Italian tomatoes and dried basil.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 14-16 minutes.
Serve it hot and enjoy this delicious pesto pizza!
Is there anything better than anything with melted cheese?
I hope you get a chance to try this pizza shakeup.