As the leaves turn vibrant shades of red and gold and a crisp breeze fills the air, there’s no better way to celebrate the arrival of fall than with a warm, fragrant slice of pumpkin pound cake. This delectable dessert perfectly captures the essence of the season. Learn how to make a pumpkin pound cake that is a satisfying dessert for fall. This recipe features pumpkin, cinnamon and nutmeg and is a mouthwatering pumpkin pound cake recipe that tastes incredible.
Pumpkin Pound Cake Ingredients
- pumpkin puree (canned pumpkin)
- vanilla extract
- baking powder
- baking soda
Why We Love Pumpkin Pound Cake:
- Autumnal Comfort: This cake captures the cozy, comforting flavor of fall in every bite, making it perfect for enjoying on cool, crisp evenings.
- Versatile Treat: Whether served as a dessert, a snack with coffee, or as part of your Thanksgiving spread, this pumpkin pound cake is incredibly versatile.
- Moist and Flavorful: The combination of pumpkin puree and spices ensures a moist, flavorful cake that will impress your taste buds and those of your loved ones.
- Homemade Happiness: Baking this pumpkin pound cake is a wonderful way to infuse your home with the warmth and aroma of fall while creating cherished memories.
Step By Step Instructions
- Preheat and Prepare
- Preheat your oven to 350°F. Grease a standard-sized loaf pan or bundt cake pan.
2. Cream Butter and Sugar
- In a large mixing bowl, cream the softened butter and granulated sugar together until light and fluffy. Then add large eggs and vanilla.
3. Sift the Dry Ingredients
- In a medium bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves. Set this fragrant mixture aside.
4. Add Pumpkin
- Add half the canned pumpkin puree to the mixer. Mix until everything is well combined.
5. Add Dry Ingredients
- Add half of the sifted dry ingredients to the wet mixture. Mix until just combined; avoid overmixing, as it can make the cake dense.
- Repeat by adding rest of the pumpkin then the rest of the dry ingredients.
6. Bake to Perfection
- Pour the batter into your prepared pan, spreading it evenly. Bake in the preheated oven for 65 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
7. Cool and Serve
- Allow the pumpkin cake to cool in the pan for about 10 minutes before transferring it to a wire rack to cool completely. Once cooled, slice and serve. Optionally, dust with powdered sugar or drizzle with a simple glaze for added sweetness.
Pumpkin Pound Cake
- ½ cup pumpkin puree canned pumpkin, NOT pumpkin pie filling
- 1⅓ cup butter softened
- 1⅓ cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- ½ tsp vanilla
- 1½ cup all purpose flour
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp ground nutmeg
- ¼ tsp ground cloves
- Preheat your oven to 350℉. Spray your loaf pan with nonstick spray or run with butter to coat.
- Cream butter and sugar together in standing mixer or hand held mixer for 5 minutes on medium speed until creamy.
- Add eggs and vanilla and mix on low until combined.
- In a separate bowl, sift the dry ingredients: flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves. Whisk together until evenly combined.
- Turn the mixer back on low and add ½ of the pumpkin to the batter. Let it mix in. Then add ½ of the flour mixture and let it combine.
- Add the rest of the pumpkin puree, let it combine. Then finish with the rest of the flour mixture. Continue mixing on low speed until it is combined. Stop the mixer and scrap down the sides of bowls. Run the mixer around on low for another 30 seconds.
- Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan.
- Bake the pumpkin pound cake for 60-70 minutes until the cake is firm to the touch and a toothpick comes out clean. Mine took 65 minutes to bake.
- Let the cake sit in the pan for 10 minutes before turning out and letting it cool on a wire rack. You can serve warm after 30 minutes or at room temperature later.